NBC. Mouth moves, voice 2 seconds later.

pomona

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 30, 2004
NBC affiliate audio out of sync for 2 weeks. Not station. Neighbor has Direct. OK. Witness it myself. No other channels. Dish has a 2 second delay. Live or dvr. It's like watching a foreign channel with English dubbed in. News, America's Got Talent, Last Comic Standing. Mouths move and the sound comes two seconds later.
Called last week, said they are aware of the problem and it could be at least another 2 weeks before fix. Just entered second year after returning to Dish and bill went up and quality of service went down. Emailed billing several days ago for a possible adjustment because of service quality. No response. Very disappointed. Any recourse on my end?

Reactions: old corps
NBC affiliate audio out of sync for 2 weeks. Not station. Neighbor has Direct. OK. Witness it myself. No other channels. Dish has a 2 second delay. Live or dvr. It's like watching a foreign channel with English dubbed in. News, America's Got Talent, Last Comic Standing. Mouths move and the sound comes two seconds later.
Called last week, said they are aware of the problem and it could be at least another 2 weeks before fix. Just entered second year after returning to Dish and bill went up and quality of service went down. Emailed billing several days ago for a possible adjustment because of service quality. No response. Very disappointed. Any recourse on my end?

THANK YOU for posting this! Same problem here on ABC, CBS as well as NBC. Had to adjust A/V synch with my audio receiver sup to 200 ms to make it bearable and it's still not completely synched. You are correct--it's Dish. The problem disappears using my TV's OTA tuner. I've been with Dish for over 16 years and this is a first. VERY annoying!

Ed

You have to burn both ends of the candle...contact the affiliate, and then Dish. Most times it is a feed problem from the station TO DISH, so your friend with Directv, means THEIR feed is OK, not that Dish has a problem necessarily.

THANK YOU for posting this! Same problem here on ABC, CBS as well as NBC. Had to adjust A/V synch with my audio receiver sup to 200 ms to make it bearable and it's still not completely synched. You are correct--it's Dish. The problem disappears using my TV's OTA tuner. I've been with Dish for over 16 years and this is a first. VERY annoying!

Ed
Anyone else in your DMA reporting same prob? I suspect your receiver, sorry to say. Have you gone HDMI direct to TV?

Every once in awhile have that happen on our CBS station I believe it is. One of two things fixes it, change a channel down or up, then go back. If not, resetting the receiver works. If Pomona and Old Corps are in the same DMA then it does sound like a DISH problem if the same locals are fine on Direct.

Try dishquality@echostar.com for your audio /video complaints. They don't care about adding sub channel information ,but they should care about picture and audio problems.

Thanks, just shot off an email. They did acknowledge the problem was on their end last week when I called and said it would take up to two weeks to fix. I notice it started happening the morning of August 10, called on the 16th. I understand technical bugs now and again, but nearly 3 to 4 weeks to fix something that happened overnight? What is even more unbelievable is how much I found we watch NBC!:facepalm

Reactions: MikeD-C05

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts