NBC renews Blacklist, Chicago Fire, Chicago PD, Law Order SVU

Law & Order: SVU-Chicago P.D. Exclusive: Det. Lindsay Faces Down Greg Yates! http://www.tvguide.com/news/law-and-order-svu-chicago-pd-lindsay-greg-yates/
In Wednesday's Law & Order: SVU-Chicago P.D. crossover, Det. Lindsay (Sophia Bush) will have to come face to face with Nadia's killer once more.In this exclusive sneak peek, Lindsay and Dawson (Jon Seda) have traveled to New York City to interrogate Greg Yates (Dallas Roberts) regarding a group of missing women. Never one to miss an opportunity for sadism, Yates taunts Lindsay with memories from her past. "Nadia talked a lot about you on our drive, how Sergeant Voight took you off the street, mentored you," Yates says. "That man has a lot of anger. It must have been very scary growing up in his home."But Yates' mind games don't end there. Following his torture of Lindsay, Yates demands to speak with Det. Rollins (Kelli Giddish) if they want his continued help. We shudder to think what he has planned for the new mother.Watch the intense showdown in the video below.

‘Chicago PD,’ ‘SVU’ Rise With Crossover; ‘Modern Family’ Tops in Demo http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/ratings-svu-chicago-pd-rise-with-crossover-1201703370/
“The Mysteries of Laura” (1.2/4 in 18-49, 7.1 million viewers overall) was up a tenth to match its season high in the demo and improve upon its performance of a year ago by 0.2. It was followed by “Law & Order: SVU” (1.9/6 in 18-49, 7.7 million viewers overall), which grew for a second straight week and placed second for the 9 o’clock hour in 18-49, and “Chicago PD” (2.0/7 in 18-49, 8.3 million viewers overall), which shot up 17% (0.3) from last week and dominated its timeslot. “Chicago PD” (pictured) matched its highest 18-49 rating since November 2014 and swept its time period.

Law & Order: SVU's Rollins Goes Undercover and Gets Down to Business http://www.eonline.com/news/740534/law-order-svu-s-rollins-goes-undercover-and-gets-down-to-business
Rollins is back from maternity leave and diving right into the thick of it on Law & Order: SVU. In the exclusive sneak peek below, Kelli Giddish's detective character goes undercover and she's using one of her best assets: her Southern charm."Collateral Damages" sees the new mom go undercover for a sting to arrest a local hero for soliciting underage girls. She's boozing it up.The sting leads to the take down of an online pedophile ring and the arrest of two high-profile suspects. But this is Law & Order: SVU; it's never that easy. And now that Rollins is the mom of a newborn baby girl, well, you know this is going to hit home.

'Law & Order: SVU' Boss Defends "Loaded" Benson-Tucker Romance http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/svu-boss-defends-tuckson-romance-872108
The episode centers on a group of girls being trafficked largely from a Catholic school in the Bronx who are being worked at a party where everyone in attendance is either a judge, a cop, a district attorney, an assemblyman or a councilman. The question quickly becomes, "who's running their ring, who's benefiting from this ring and who is going to do everything they can to make sure SVU doesn’t find out the truth," Leight says. "Its one of these episodes where you can't trust anybody, including, at a certain point, the question is raised: Can you trust Tucker?"Leight teases a particularly tense fight between Tucker and Benson. "But it's an argument that you can only have with somebody you're involved with," he says. "It's very clear in episode 17 that this is an adult relationship."Even worse, the squad is "in disarray," according to Leight, and "not ready for the battle." After all, Fin's absence, Dodds' pressure to transfer, Carisi's law school studies and Rollins' clash with Benson in the most recent episode."At one point, Peter Gallagher, Chief Dodds, says, 'This investigation [is] a career killer,'" Leight says. "There's more pressure on Benson and her career in these two episodes than we've seen since I got here [in 2011]."Promos for the episode, particularly one image showing someone reaching for Benson's nameplate with boxes behind it, have elicited several theories online."She's not just doing a makeover of the office," Leight says with a laugh. "I want the audience to wonder what the hell is going to happen so they'll come back March 23."

'Law & Order: SVU' Boss Reveals Scrapped Plans for Possible Christopher Meloni Return http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/law-order-svu-christopher-meloni-861568
"None of the people in the room thought for a second, 'How will the fans experience this?'" Leight says of Meloni's surprise curtain call. "It was a negotiation handled without much empathy on any of the participant's parts, and I think they all sort of know that now. And there wasn’t much empathy for the fans either. I think everyone probably learned, but you can't roll the clock back."In the years since, Meloni has gone to great lengths to distance himself from his breakthrough dramatic role, leaning toward comedies like the Wet Hot American Summer prequel series, Veep and the short-lived Surviving Jack. But Leight sounds confident a Stabler-Benson reunion might have been, and still might be, possible."I think if Mariska were to have called him, he would have taken the call," he says. "That can be for another day, hopefully a long way off."Leight is also bullish when asked about the future of the series — and specifically whether SVU can make it to 21 seasons and become the longest-running primetime series in history. "I think if anyone deserves it, it's Mariska," he says. "But if she were to decide 18 is enough, she deserves that too. Her character has been through a lot."

Last edited by a moderator:
'Law & Order: SVU' Boss Breaks Down Benson's Work Crisis: "It's Her Worst Nightmare" https://www.yahoo.com/movies/law-order-svu-boss-breaks-down-bensons-crisis-030000247.html
[Warning: This story contains spoilers from Wednesday's episode of Law & Order: SVU, "Manhattan Transfer."]When the writers at Law & Order: SVU first decided to have longtime leader Olivia Benson transferred out of her unit, star and producer Mariska Hargitay got about as much notice as her on-screen alter-ego.
We just handed her the script and said, 'Brace yourself,'" showrunner Warren Leight tells The Hollywood Reporter with a laugh.Although special victims unit without Benson seems unthinkable, it became a reality Wednesday when the long-serving cop learned she had been transferred out of her unit of more than 17 years.Benson's professional exodus largely had to do with her personal ties to Internal Affairs Bureau officer Tucker (Robert John Burke). While investigating a sex ring of underage Catholic school girls discovered to be working at a party flooded with public officials (judges, cops, district attorneys, assemblymen and councilmen), Tucker's name continued to come up as being part of the ring.

‘Scandal’ Recruits Danny Pino for Recurring Role (EXCLUSIVE) http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/danny-pino-scandal-cast-season-5-1201720509/
Danny Pino is joining “Scandal” in a recurring role, Variety has learned exclusively.The “Law & Order: SVU” and “Cold Case” alum will appear in an arc during the current fifth season. Per Shondaland’s typical spoiler lockdown strategy, there’s no word on Pino’s character description nor how many episodes he will appear in or when they will all air. However, since he will be recurring, he’ll be playing a role that’s more than case-of-the-week territory.While ABC has not made any character details available upon Variety‘s request, just for fun, one point of speculation falls under the umbrella of potential love interest for Olivia Pope (Kerry Washington), as her relationship with Jake (Scott Foley) is quite complicated and she has split from the president (Tony Goldwyn), who’s enjoying a new flame in the series’ recent storyline — if Fitz has a new lady, it only seems fair Ms. Pope should enjoy some new romance, too. (But, for the record, Pino could be portraying any sort of character, love interest or not.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Christopher Meloni denies return to 'Law & Order: SVU' I heard that rumor along with everybody else," the actor said http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_Ne...denies-return-to-Law-Order-SVU/1131457454793/
Christopher Meloni is not returning to Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, despite rumors to the contrary.The 54-year-old actor denied he will reprise Det. Elliot Stabler on the NBC police procedural in an interview with HuffPost Live on Monday."No, I heard that rumor along with everybody else," the star said while promoting his WGN America series, Underground. "I have no idea where that came from or what that's about."Meloni played Stabler for 12 seasons before exiting Law & Order: SVU over a contract dispute in 2011. The actor later told Vulture he was ready to leave and denied his departure was linked to longtime showrunner Neal Baer's exit."Twelve years. I never dreamed that I would stick with someone so long," he admitted. "I enjoyed it so much. But it was time. I had been thinking about it for a while."

Mariska Hargitay and Christopher Meloni Have a Delightful Law & Order: SVU Reunion http://www.eonline.com/news/747870/...i-have-a-delightful-law-and-order-svu-reunion
In the entertainment journalism system, Law & Order: SVU reunions are considered especially enjoyable. Former SVU partners Mariska Hargitay and Christopher Meloni reunited for one happy selfie. Yes, that's Elliot Stabler under that big beard. Meloni's sporting the facial hair for his role on WGN America's Underground."Meeting peeps NYC #hanginWithAFriend," he tweeted Friday.Hargitay and Meloni starred on Law & Order: SVU for 12 seasons together. Meloni left between seasons 12 and 13 after contract negotiations went bad, but Hargitay is still locking it down as Olivia Benson. SVU, now in season 17, has already been renewed for season 18.Executive producer Warren Leight recently revealed he had toyed with approaching Meloni for a guest spot when it wasn't clear SVU would return after this season. "We had been talking [about], had this been the last episode, we would have tried him to bring him back," Leight told The Hollywood Reporter. "In hindsight, NBC, Dick [Wolf], Universal and Chris all know they could have handled that better," Leight said. "But I think Chris, over time from what I hear, began to realize that the fans were owed a little more."SVU will be back, but Leight won't. The showrunner is exiting after signing a new deal with Sony. Law & Order and CSI veteran Rick Eid will take over the show with season 18. He's also worked on Hostages and two other Law & Order spinoffs, Conviction and Law & Order: Trial By Jury.

Law & Order: SVU: Richard Belzer returning as Detective Munch http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/22/law-order-svu-richard-belzer-munch-returning
Richard Belzer is returning to Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, EW has learned exclusively.The original cast member, whose character retired in season 15, will guest-star in an episode slated for May, titled “Fashionable Crimes,” in which Munch returns to weigh in on the case of a young model who claims she was preyed upon by a famous fashion house photographer. While the photographer had been on Munch and Fin’s (Ice-T) radar for some time, they’ve never been able to make a case against him until now.“We love having Richard back on set,” executive producer Warren Leight says. “This episode was perfect for Munch’s cynical eye, and just the right time for him to give Benson [Mariska Hargitay], and Noah, some much needed support.”

SVU boss teases Benson's fight back to the precinct http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/22/svu-olivia-tucker-spoilers
Law & Order: SVU is back in a big way on Wednesday night.In a shocking turn of events, Olivia Benson (Mariska Hargitay) was ousted at SVU amid an investigation into a sex ring within a Catholic church that involved a number of public officials, possibly including Liv’s secret love interest Ed Tucker (Robert John Burke).When SVU finally returns for the second half of this two-parter, Liv will work to get back to her precinct, but it won’t be easy considering she’s been transferred to Community Affairs. EW turned to executive producer Warren Leight to get the scoop on what’s next:

Law & Order: SVU Collars Brad Garrett for Villainous Season-Ending Arc http://tvline.com/2016/04/06/law-order-svu-brad-garrett-season-17-finale/
Coming off his turn as Fargo mob tough Joe Bulo, Brad Garrett will keep walking on the dark side, with an arc on NBC’s Law & Order: SVU.The three-time Emmy-winning Everybody Loves Raymond alum will guest-star in the final two episodes of Season 17, airing May 18 and 25, as Gary Munson, a corrections officer at Rikers who maintains his reputation as a hard-working family man, but hides a long history of corruption and violence against female inmates — both inside and out of prison.

Law and Order: SVU's Finale Is "Tragic," "Beautiful" And Made Mariska Hargitay Cry http://www.eonline.com/news/755651/...ragic-beautiful-and-made-mariska-hargitay-cry
"After doing a show for this long, there are these moments that come up that are so earned and so painful. For Olivia, something very tragic happens and something so beautiful happens, which is so much like life, right? It's that marriage of joy and pain and all of it, living in the question and gray. Gray, gray, gray, which SVU is so amazing at. I'm hooked and excited. It's something that informs all of next year and so I feel like I have all of these new beats to play and I am so reinvested that it's almost shocking."Sweet, but still—gulp.Here's what else w know about the two-part finale: it'll be filled with some familiar faces. Not only will Brad Garrett be guest starring as Gary Munson, a Rikers correction officer who maintains his reputation as a hard-working family man, but also hides a sordid history of corruption and violence against female inmates inside and out of prison, but Bill Irwin will also be returning to the fold. Irwin told E! News at a screening for his HBO film Confirmation that he'd be returning to SVU because "[Benson] needs help."Irwin's Dr. Peter Lindstrom, Benson's therapist, was least seen in "Transgender Bridge."Law & Order: SVU returns with all-new episodes on Wednesday, May 4 at 9 p.m. on NBC.

The season finale of Law & Order: SVU will change Olivia Benson's life forever http://www.sheknows.com/entertainme...on-17-finale-script-made-mariska-hargitay-cry
Olivia Benson might just be the most abused character on television, but if we're interpreting what Mariska Hargitay just said correctly, it's about to get worse.Hargitay, who has played Detective Benson on the long-running hot TV show Law & Order: SVU since the series inception in 1999, said this season's finale brings big changes and big emotions — and they are tough ones."I read the season finale and I was so deeply moved and deeply inspired. I couldn't put it down… couldn't stop crying," Hargitay told E! News at Variety's Power of Women: New York event."After doing a show for this long, there are these moments that come up that are so earned and so painful. For Olivia, something very tragic happens and something so beautiful happens, which is so much like life, right? It's that marriage of joy and pain and all of it, living in the question and gray. Gray, gray, gray, which SVU is so amazing at. I'm hooked and excited. It's something that informs all of next year, and so I feel like I have all of these new beats to play and I am so reinvested that it's almost shocking."Another hint that all is not well in Benson's world is the fact that her therapist, Dr. Peter Lindstrom, is returning to the show."[Benson] needs help," actor Bill Irwin told E! at a screening for his HBO movie Confirmation.This does not bode well for our beloved Benson!In fact, several familiar faces will be back next season to support Benson in her mysterious time of need, including Detective Munch, played by Richard Belzer."We love having Richard back on set," executive producer Warren Leight told Entertainment Weekly. "This episode was perfect for Munch's cynical eye, and just the right time for him to give Benson [Mariska Hargitay], and Noah, some much-needed support."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts