Need a Hopper replaced -- paging a DIRT member

dlmcmurr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 6, 2013
Tennessee
One of you helpful DIRT folks please contact me. With my 2 Hopper/2 Joey systems, one Hopper with it's associated Joey is developing problems. The spousal unit recorded the same episode three times at different times of the day a week ago ago and all three of them froze partway through with 1 or 2 of the recordings switching to another channel before the recording ended. This is happening on other shows/channels too. The Hopper has been unplugged since then. It also passes the diagnostic tests with everything green. I'm also hearing the Hopper make chirps sometimes when it's turned off, making me think the hard drive is failing. Just now when the wife was watching a live show on her Joey it took her tuner to begin another recording even though there was a free tuner. We have about 65 items in the Rentals folder between the two Hoppers. Five days ago I could not scroll down below about 15 items without it exiting to live TV. On the fifth try, it exited once again to live TV, but it was still in the PIP window at the top left. At that point, no button on the remote or the front panel would work except the reset. Many times on the Hopper, watching a recorded program, deleting it, then returning to live TV gives a black screen where I either have to change the channel or just turn the Hopper off to restore the current channel. And then there are all the times I select Hopper2 from the DVR screen on Hopper1, but the screen doesn't change to the other Hopper even though it says it did, requiring exiting to live and starting over. Looking forward to hearing from one of you ASAP. Thanks, Dave.

You will get better results if you PM a Dirt member who is online. They will be in RED in the Helpers On Line in the left colum of the main Dish page.

The multiple recordings is happening to a lot of folks currently. I am confident enough right now, to say it is a software bug, or a guide bug. A replacement may not be your best bet

KAB, thanks, I'll watch for one of them to come online.

ChadT41, if it were only that, I wouldn't worry. I believe she actually set all three to record, but not even one was watchable except for a few minutes. Thanks for replying.

Keep in mind they are not as frequent on the weekends as during the week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)