Need advice with 942

goingup

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2005
I was going to get Dish after the fall of Voom. So I ordered, it included a DVR942. I received the DVR942 a week before install date. When installer came he threw me for a loop with the 2 coax lines coming and going from the boxes because the boxes have dual tuners inside. So I declined to have Dish installed. I re-thought my needs and called Dish to reinstall. No one showed up on the new reinstall day. So I called Dish and canceled the whole thing. They credited me back for the DVR942. They also told me a call tag would be issued to send back the DVR942. No call tag 2 weeks later so I call again. They couldn't find my account in the system without digging really hard. She said refund was issued a that a call tag would be issued again. Nothing again. Now its 2 months later. I have never received a statement, a bill, a phone call, nothing, nada. I have had the original charge for the DVR942, put on a card and removed. I am pretty sure I don't exist in there system. They were charging me $250 for the lease of the box.

My question is if I still get Dish could I use the 942? How is activation done? I have tried to return this and I don't condone doing this but I would like to know anyway.

I would say you still can get activated. Explain your situation completely!

As for needing two lines...uh...no. At this point, it's easy enough for any installer to just use one line using DP+ LNB's and separators. If the installer doesn't know about this, show him the door and ask for another installer. Pure and simple

I have a similar problem except they can't get a line of site for me. But nothing about returning my 942. So, I'm sitting here with this nice piece of equipment of no use to me and dish is not sending me something to return it with. So, there it sits in a box...

Sorry I may not have explained clearly. I want to know if I was to call Dish to finally have Dish installed at my house would they (Dish) charge me for the box since they seem to not have me in the system and don't care to get back their quite expensive piece of equipment. It looks to me like I could have Dish installed then tell them I have a DVR942 I want activated. Would they or could they know its from them at this point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts