Status
Please reply by conversation.

lailanis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 13, 2009
MA
Hi,
I hope this is not against the board rules.
I live in place surrounded of trees/obstacles and want to hire an instaler/fta hobbiest maybe :) to tell me which spot is the best to place the dish on, it's quite difficult for me especially because of the dish is particular (wave frontier T90) and I'm aiming wide range between the 2 outermost LNBs
I'm in St louis, MO Area, please pm me if you wanna help
If you want I can upload some pics but its kinda difficult to represent 3D in 2D images
Thank you again

speaking as an installer....it is very difficult or even impossible to tell from pics where to mount a dish....you really have to be there....upload some pics if you can of your house and the southern view from it....

After the initial excitement over the T-90's, I see a lot of users have quietly retired them.
There must be something to that...

I'm sure reception for mid-difficulty signals is okay.
But for some of the hard stuff, I really can't see a T-90 gettin' 'er done.
So, you will probably need additional Ku dishes anyway.

Maybe we can hear from some of the current and former T-90 owners and get their views?

really the only negative thing about them is your confined to only a 40 degree span....other than that the dishes work very well....all the LNBs (even the ones at the ends) get the same reception they would if they were in the middle of a 36-39 inch dish....meaning there is no signal loss the further you get "off center" as you would get with a standard 36-39 inch dish....

thanks
that's why I need someone from my area to assess the situation
the span Im aiming is 47, I Think it's OK since people reported way more than that, I will use an extra LNB braquet for the farthest LNB

I just set my t90 up a couple weeks ago and love it. Im only using it for about 25 degrees but it works as well as my 1m channel master even at the ends. I wish i could score another one for 50 bucks.

crackt out,.

I just set my t90 up a couple weeks ago and love it. Im only using it for about 25 degrees but it works as well as my 1m channel master even at the ends. I wish i could score another one for 50 bucks.

crackt out,.

50 bucks!!! where did you get it that cheap?

kijiji. haha. had to drive 4 hours one way but it was worth it. it came with 4 reverse circular lnbs which ill never use and only 4 lnb holders but a good deal none the less.

crackt out,.

it came with 4 reverse circular lnbs which ill never use and only 4 lnb holders but a good deal none the less.

Glad to see that the T90 was rehabilitated from a previous life of crime. ;)

Be interesting to post signal comparisons between your dishes. As Anole suggested, several members have had T90's several years ago. I had tested a sample about 5 years ago and was not satisfied with the performance. I believe Wescopc also had a less than acceptable performance with his T90.

you could wait until solar outage time in the fall and do it yourself. pick a few candidate places where you can put your dish, have a list of blackout times for the birds you're trying to hit and whichever place is sunniest is the winner

If you have a smart phone, download the DishPointer App. Best site check investment that you will ever make! No guessing or site check fees to a tech!

Here is a shot taken from the ground in my back yard. Easy to see why I mounted the dish on the roof to see further east. If my dish were on a ground mounted pole, the dish would only see to 72W. Mounting the dish on the roof allows all the way to 58W.

DishPointer.png

I have a question: I know I have to use reversed LNB for T90 for circular TPs
Can I just use regular DSS Lnb and switch L>>R and R>>L on my receiver? I heard that'll work too

Thanks

I have a question: I know I have to use reversed LNB for T90 for circular TPs
Can I just use regular DSS Lnb and switch L>>R and R>>L on my receiver? I heard that'll work too

Thanks

yes that will work....

as long as you change the V tps to H....and H tps to V regular lnbs will work.....

regular lnbs will also work if you use blind scan...that way you dont need to make the changes....the receiver will do it for you....

Thx a lot
Now I have another question, I'm aiming 82W to 129W, which is 7 degrees beyond the theoretical 40, but I know that many people got even more wider range.
what extra bracket do you recommend? would that work from 119 to 129? any better option?
German LNB Bracket

I believe this guy is using the same right?

16SmartOxidandTitaniumTwinLNBswith2Centauri16in1SwitchesonToroidal90cmdish_4.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:
I got my T90 yesterday, the box looked damaged, there is a dent on the satellite dish that makes me worried, I tried to align it by pulling it back using my hand, but still noticeable. please tell me if that would affect the signal.
there were accessories outside the box (kept kind of in between by the tape seal off) please tell me if I got everything

Thx

Attachments

• P1020635.JPG
    P1020635.JPG
    751.7 KB · Views: 133
  • P1020634.JPG
    P1020634.JPG
    703.2 KB · Views: 142
  • P1020639.JPG
    P1020639.JPG
    748 KB · Views: 143
  • P1020638.JPG
    P1020638.JPG
    425.4 KB · Views: 151
it is fine....it is more important for the dish to be "square".....tape a piece of string accross the dish at each side....then tape a second piece of string from top to bottom.....the two strings should be touching in the middle....if they are not touching, this means the dish is "warped" or "out of round".....this can cause problems....but small dents will not result in signal loss.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Light'en up.

Irish football channel?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)