need compatible wireless phone jack

petalutha

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2005
Hi,

I need to get a wireless phone jack, and even though the RCA is supposedly compatible with dish network, a lot of people say it isn't.

Does anyone know what brands *do* work?

Thanks!

petalutha said:
Hi,

I need to get a wireless phone jack, and even though the RCA is supposedly compatible with dish network, a lot of people say it isn't.

Does anyone know what brands *do* work?

Thanks!
I have used the RCA model for years, with no trouble. Try one, if for some reason it doesn't work, take it back.
Tom in TX

I sell the PhonexBroadband to my customers I haven't heard any complaints of them not working. But I know the RCA brand works also you have to make sure that you get a modem compatible version they usually cost more. You should be able to pick them up at Radio Shack, Wal Mart ect.

Belkin is working for me.

I just picked up a Belkin one at circuit city. I ordered the $39 off of the web site for pickup, but they couldn't find it when I got to the store, so they gave me the other one for $10 off. I believe the original price was $59. Just do a froogle search for belkin wireless phone jack to see the two models.

rowemance said:
But I know the RCA brand works also you have to make sure that you get a modem compatible version they usually cost more.
I am using two RCA's, and neither one of them are the "modem" models!
Tom in TX

Dish has told me that you should use a modem version they are more reliable and will give you your caller ID. Also work with DTV DVRs (TIVO) because they use there modem to get there guide info.

Thanks, everyone.

I found that Phonex is sold by Dish Network, and I happened to find a company selling them (new) for $26!

If I receive it and it works, I'll post the info on where to get it (if anyone is interested).

I have 5 receivers in my household and so not all the rooms that they are in have phone jacks and if there are jacks they are not in a convenient place. I decided to go ahead and buy one 'Phonex" to see if it worked. It worked great without any problems, including the caller ID feature. However, the install guide cautions that you are not to plug the 'Phonex' into a surge protector, because it will not work.

I decided to go ahead and buy three more extension units. After browsing the 'web' I found that the extensions were about as much if not more than the initial transmitter receiver set. I went ahead and bought three more sets instead of the extensions themselves. I did this in case something should happen to one of the transmitters, then I had three spares.

When I got the three additional sets ($15 off Ebay w/$10 shipping for all three), I immediately installed them. When I went to program them, they would not work with the existing 'Phonex' transmitter that I had. I took one of the new receivers and replaced it with the original receiver and it worked fine. I wasn't sure what to think. Then I hooked up one of the new 'Phonex' transmitters and placed it the room where I had tried to get the new receiver to work and it worked great. What I found out was that those other three additional transmitters came in handy with all the rooms in my two-story house. Keep in mind when doing this, that you need to hook-up a phone line to each transmitter that you install. I could not get just one transmitter to work with all four receivers.

I was so glad I bought the 3 sets instead of just additional extensions.

FYI,
tvrocker2k5

So Phonex and RCA works? I'd think the Phonex would work since they partnered with DISH to provide them at a discount for the customers that need remote phone jacks. But we never installed one in the field. It makes for an extra item that can go bad and induce a service call. Plus, it doesn't work too well with customers expecting free installs when we shove a remote phone jack for $39.

I've been using an RCA930 Wireless Modem Jack for almost 2 years with my Dish Network 721 receiver with no problems, so RCA does work too.

Phonex and rca do work, rca from radio shack runs $100, phonex through dish runs $40, and has been one of several reliable 3rd party products that dish has sold.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)