Need help 404 Not Found on Hopper Apps

rjfrandle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
So my Hopper was installed Thursday. I read the thread about getting 404 message when trying to launch apps, but I still get that message after having the Hopper since Thursday. Is there something I need to do to get the apps to work, or just wait longer? Is this a known problem?

So my Hopper was installed Thursday. I read the thread about getting 404 message when trying to launch apps, but I still get that message after having the Hopper since Thursday. Is there something I need to do to get the apps to work, or just wait longer? Is this a known problem?

That comes up when the hopper doesn't download the apps during the software download process. I've seen another report or two of people recently having this issue. I would hit up a dish rep or DIRT member to have them submit a problem report and you may need a replacement reciever depending on what they tell you.

Seriously....I have to get a different Hopper? That will be a pain to start all over. Everything else is working good. Is it possible it might fix itself when I get S234.

Seriously....I have to get a different Hopper? That will be a pain to start all over. Everything else is working good. Is it possible it might fix itself when I get S234.

Maybe but I haven't seen any reports of people having it update and fix itself. The last I heard is that it was being looked into and this is something that just started recently but there may be newer info that DIRT may have. I would just get with a DIRT member and see what they can do.

Attention DIRT Team Member. Need help with Hopper Apps

I'm reaching out to a DIRT team member upon recomendation from this forum. All I get when I try to go to my Hopper apps is "404 Not Found". Is this something that can be fixed or do I need to get a new receiver right away? If so, I'd like to do it right away before I get too many things on it. My Hopper was installed on Thursday 12/13/12. It should have apps by now I would think.

I'm reaching out to a DIRT team member upon recomendation from this forum. All I get when I try to go to my Hopper apps is "404 Not Found". Is this something that can be fixed or do I need to get a new receiver right away? If so, I'd like to do it right away before I get too many things on it. My Hopper was installed on Thursday 12/13/12. It should have apps by now I would think.

The "404 Not Found" just means the app has not downloaded yet. Are you powering all receivers off at night?

Zach...I am not powering receivers down at night. Everything else seems to be working, but not apps for some reason.

Mine was installed on 12/5 and I still get the 404 error. I thought I'd wait for the 234 software download to see if that resolves the problem before I call anyone.

Mine was installed on 12/5 and I still get the 404 error. I thought I'd wait for the 234 software download to see if that resolves the problem before I call anyone.

Wow.....I wish there was a way to resend the software to see if the apps would download. That seems like a long time, and makes me think they're not going to download at all.

Any resolution to this? Did apps show up? My brother just upgraded his 722k to a hopper on Sunday and apps page is empty . He's connected directly to broadband with software 237 and everything is working fine otherwise. I told him to keep it in standby overnight and the apps are still not there. I told him to not call it in yet because I don't want a TC generated against one of the techs in my shop.

I had that issue with S234 and it was fixed with S237. I did everything I could but nothing would get them to download. Can you check System Info on the Hopper and let us know if you see Available Joey Software listed and what you see thee? Also ,is there a Joey in this install?

Funny that he got S237 with his upgrade and no apps. He's not that upset about the apps not working yet, but this stuff is supposed to work when it gets installed. It's frustrating. I deal with this far too often.

Oh and he opted for JUST the hopper at this time. When I looked I did notice there was available Joey software, just forget which version.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)