Need help identifying this monster

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tonydix

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 22, 2007
Bocas del Toro, Panama
I have at last got this dish dismantled and transported home. I would like to identify it. I have taken some pictures :-

Radil_arms_connect_to_center_hub.jpg

This shows 2 of the radial arms which connect to a center hub. There are 18 arms in total.The measuring tape shows 24 feet

watermark.php

This shows the circular support to which all the radial arms are connected the tape is extended to 32 inches

Mounts_dish_to_mounting_polw.jpg

This shows the beam assembly which connects the circular support and dish to the mounting pole. Again the tape is extended to 32 inches

Finally the image below shows the dish mover

Dish_mover.jpg

Again the measure tape is extended to 32 inches.

Does anyone recognise this dsih and mount ?
Is it a polar mount and therefore can it move between several satellites on the arc ?

Any info or advice would be much appreciated

Thanks for looking

Tony

How big is that thing? Looks huge. Some of your pics became thumbnails that wont grow, so it's hard to tell anything about the actuator or other parts. How'd you get that one off the pole and down? Def looks like a polar mount to me, if it had an actuator on it, it was there to move the dish.

Since it's a 20 something foot dish and it has a polar mount I would guess that it's a Hero....not many people made that big a dish with a polar mount. The first pic is small but the trusses look like that of a Hero.

The first pic shows two dish support arms measuring across at 24 FEET.
The center polar mount beam is over 32 inches... the one on my 10 ft may be roughly 15 inches...

No it definitely is 24 feet. It is a huge dish and I was hoping someone would recognise it and help with installation instructions. I cannot find details of Hero dishes on the net.
Thanks for the responses
Tony

...I was hoping someone would recognise it and help with installation instructions...

Can't be much different than any other polar mount.
Just a LOT of concrete and a bigger pole...
What do the petals on the thing look like? How much do the pieces weigh?

As forgiving as my wife is, I'm thinking a dish that size may be a bit too much for even her to allow... :D

The sections are really heavy .The 2 sections for the mount and the centre hub weigh about 50lbs each. The cirular support which mounts the dish to the mount weighs about 150lbs.

The dimensions of the mesh panels are as follows :-

Nearest centre top 2" sides 80 " bottom 31"
Middle top 31" sides 36" bottom 41"
outside top 41" sides 34" bottom 51"

Any further details of this dish would be much appreciated

Tony

Found your story again here, I guess none of the mesh i have would help you, I didnt realize you had found a giant dish lol. That one would be something to see, restored and in use.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)