Need help learning about Dish Network HD equipment for "new-existing" customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

monsterHDfreak

Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Twin Falls, ID
I need some help and anyone with expertise or knowledge about Dish Network's deals on HD receivers and programming for people who are existing customers but who have been with them less than six months. I know they are more lenient with their deals after you've been with them six+ months, but when I call customer service they don't answer my questions and they feed me sales pitches for the higher priced stuff and basically act like they "can tell me where to stick it". I have to say, I'm not entirely happy with DN customer service but I've already sent an email up the chain about that so hopefully that will make some kind of difference. I was hoping that with this post I might get some clearer answers. I'm looking for the absolute best deal on any HD receiver for me. I don't have much money so I'm wanting the cheapest DN HD option I can get. I've been a DN customer for over one month now and that's about all I know to ask. Any further information would be very helpful.

Thanks.

Thanks. That's very reassuring. I'm already appalled by the level of service they've given me. I got better service when I was getting it for free (for reasons I don't really need to get into). Unfortunately, the free stuff had to end, and alas, I made the mistake of starting a new account before I got my HD tv. It's HD ready otherwise I wouldn't even worry about getting high def from dish, i'd just use the off air programming via antenna. We get it really well in this area, CBS included and that's my wife's favorite channel... BIG CSI fan. Anywho, as far as the "good deal" is concerned, let's be realistic. I guess I gotta go with "the best possible deal" I CAN get, which I know will still probably suck, but at least it would be better than any other alternative. Also, I have Tivo service already which I've integrated with my 311. Works great but i can't integrate it with the hd connections obviously because the tivo doesn't have like connections. Can i run the HD from an 811 straight into the tv and then run the s-video from the 811 through tivo and still record in SD or would that even be a futile effort? With that I realize that recording in HD would be impossible though I'm not terribly concerned about that. That's how much of a "good deal" i'm looking for. I simply don't see the merrit in dropping $600 for a dual tuner (i don't even need the second one) with hd and dvr. I hate the format of the dish dvr anyway, very user-unfriendly compared to TIVO.

Ok, any other help would be great.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)