Need help 'moving' can anyone help?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Most locals are spot beamed. LA and NY is not. I still haven't moved yet. I just had an HR20 installed so I feel like I should wait a little bit before moving lest it arouse some sort of suspicion.

Cheers.

noneroy said:
Most locals are spot beamed. LA and NY is not. I still haven't moved yet. I just had an HR20 installed so I feel like I should wait a little bit before moving lest it arouse some sort of suspicion.

Cheers.

Trust me the CSR's that take the move order dont really care or look things up. I got an HD Tivo installed and moved a few weeks later after NESN HD came out. I wouldnt worry about it too much.

I just tried moving and everything was going swimmingly. The CSR told me that D* didn't provide locals in my area (really? :D ) and I asked what could be done and the CSR told me I'd have to apply for a waiver. Then the CSR told me that it would be 45 days before anything could be granted.

Is this 45 day quote a generic number? The place where I'm moving to shows as an auto qualify on D*'s own page (http://directvdnseligibility.decisionmark.com/app/AddressForm.aspx). If I tell them to remove the locals and submit the waivers, will I really be out of luck for 45 days or will they see that I auto qualify and add them quickly?

Any help here would be great.

Thanks.

I had a similar problem. One CSR told me 45 days. after a few phone calls finally got someone who knew something. in my case I had to pay extra for distant network to get the NY channels.

noneroy said:
I just tried moving and everything was going swimmingly. The CSR told me that D* didn't provide locals in my area (really? :D ) and I asked what could be done and the CSR told me I'd have to apply for a waiver. Then the CSR told me that it would be 45 days before anything could be granted.

Is this 45 day quote a generic number? The place where I'm moving to shows as an auto qualify on D*'s own page (http://directvdnseligibility.decisionmark.com/app/AddressForm.aspx). If I tell them to remove the locals and submit the waivers, will I really be out of luck for 45 days or will they see that I auto qualify and add them quickly?

Any help here would be great.

Thanks.

joedekock said:
For me once I "moved" back to my permanent home, I had my original locals, with the NY HD channels. As I said before, it seems the HD waivers stick with the account... not the address.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I would love to "move" back home and still keep the 3 networks I have HD waivers for (I can get the 4th network OTA).

really, honestly, all I want to do is have my physicall address changed so that my Colts games in HD on Sunday Ticket SF are not blacked out. (There are rumors they won't be blacked out anyway).

Are sports blackouts determined by your location or what local channels you have? When I tried to 'move', I think the CSR updated my physical address but left my local Indy channels. Can I verify my physical address D* has on file somehow? If they did change my address, would that change my blackout info?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)