Need help on figuring out the polarity orientation on the BSC621 C/Ku LNBF

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kallesatman

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 15, 2010
Denver, Colorado
I've searched all documentation for the BSC621 C/Ku LNBF to see which way it needs to be oriented. When looking into the throat of it there are a number of probes and that just confuses me that much more. No markings on the outside that help. The electronics in the square box attached is it supposed to be up i.e. parallel to the ground? Any info would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

actually if you look at the end (where the KU Coax attaches at the top) there should be a arrow on the LNB itself. That is 0 skew

If you look close at the Ku lnbf there is a little raised arrow. Point that at either 3 or 9 o' clock position of your dish.

so the skew on the 621 is off by 90 degrees too?
I thought it was just the C-Band only LNB's

Yep, at least mine is..;)

Are you talking about the skew or do you talk about swapping the polarity?
I have the BSC 621 -2D.

If you talk about the skew....
On the top where the coax hooks to the ku, there is a arrow. At 0 degree skew the arrow should be at the 9 o'clock position.
Or..... the little box where the coax hooks to the c-band should be at the 4 o'clock position.

If you talk about swapping the polarity..... I dont know if you can do this with your BSC 621, but I can do this with my BSC 621-2D
Should your area require the Ku and C polarities be opposite you can follow these simple instructions to change your BSC621-2D C/Ku LNBF.
Separate the C and Ku housings by removing the three screws that hold them together.
Remove the LNBF from the Ku housing by removing the 'F' connector nut and pushing on the 'F' connector until the LNBF is pushed out of the housing. Use care not to damage the 'F' connector.
Using the left slot ( looking into the throat) will make your Ku polarity the same as your C polarities. Using the right hand slot will make your polarities opposing or reversed.

:rolleyes:Thank you again from the group. I've not made any changes to the unit so it is as purchased. The explanation that was relevant was that the box has to point to the 4 PM position and the 0 on the skew scale has to be in the 9 o'clock position. Since this hasn't been the best day for me today, Murphy must have been here; toilet stopped up too and other issues....... I put the LNBF aside and jury rigged a regular lnb Ku band and just hung it into the scalar ring. Real professional :rolleyes: Can't forget the tie wraps which hold it in place. I was able to find Galaxy 19 with not the best quality, but a signal nevertheless. Now armed with the new information I should be able to swap out the LNB with the LNBF and see where things are at. That is if we don't get snow as they are talking about in the forecast. Perfect antenna weather! I'll keep you all updated as to the progress. Whatever happened to DeeAnn and her projects. She's been hiding? The member in the Denver area who has an 8 footer looking for a good home, is it still available?? :)

I think DeeAnn is off in another world right now. Maybe soon she will pop back up and let us know how her projects are going and if she pursued them.

Good luck. I had the regular BSC-621 and, besides it not performing that hot to begin with, I may have smoked it by connecting or disconnecting something under power, it went deaf as a post. I hope you have better luck than I did.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)