Status
Please reply by conversation.

talkdty

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 13, 2011
clover, sc
I posted some pics in "show your set-ups."

accounting for the bowl, I estimate it is a 7.5' diam.
3-piece

I'm looking for a "polar" mount and three LNB mounting legs.

any help or recycled parts welcomed. will pay fair money.

thank you

Dish looks to be in decent shape. If nobody offers parts here you could try Skyvision. They have an assortment of miscellaneous parts listed online. If they don't have a specific part you need you may be able to adapt something they have. They list three pages of parts but you might want to call and see if they have something that isn't shown online. Good Luck! First page here: http://www.skyvision.com/pages/parts1.html :)

three LNB mounting legs
Many have fashioned them from electrical conduit.
The 'thing' to consider is the focal length. You'll have to measure your dish and calculate it. Some 'fine' adjustment to this length is probably required to optimize it as calculations aren't perfect.

thanks much, for some reason I thought skyvision was defunct but someone did answer the phone after two or three mins on hold. Apparently this size dish with three LNB support rods is an oddity. I do have the center medallion somewhere around here. I seem to remember some letters or a flag or something in the center, will post after digging it out...thanks for the leads

It's a SAMI USA

Attachments

• sami dish.jpg
    sami dish.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 189
Okay, thanks - those specs will be tremendous in upfitting non-OE parts/substitutes. THANK YOU !!

will do, but that proves only that they have a Website........ its hard to trust these days - being burned twice in similar [old website/no product] scenarios. was hoping for a recent success story.

will do, but that proves only that they have a Website........ its hard to trust these days - being burned twice in similar [old website/no product] scenarios. was hoping for a recent success story.
Could not find any info for Dave's on the Better Business Bureau website and no hit on a reverse search of the phone number either. Here is the link for the Ozark, Arkansas Chamber of Commerce. They are less than 15 miles from Mulberry, Arkansas (where this business is supposed to be located). Try giving them a call or email and see if they know anthing about Dave's or could possibly give you contact info for Mulberry, Arkansas CoC. http://www.ozarkchamberofcommerce.com

I figured this was going to be a custom rebuild job. ... just need to keep costs commensurate. ... so far I'm in for two bills for the polar rmount & actuator (tek2000) and still need. ..
ground mounting pole
Cement
Lnb
Lnb supports
Misc nuts bolts

Paul at skyvision was going to look around the warehouse to see what parts are left that MIGHT work.....haven't heard back yet...didn't try the other place yet

Paul at skyvision was going to look around the warehouse to see what parts are left that MIGHT work.....haven't heard back yet...didn't try the other place yet
Some have taken to fabricating their own parts in a pinch. Hopefully they'll can find something you can use. :)

Some have taken to fabricating their own parts in a pinch. Hopefully they'll can find something you can use. :)
I figured this was going to be a custom rebuild job. ... just need to keep costs commensurate. ... so far I'm in for two bills for the polar rmount & actuator (tek2000) and still need. ..
ground mounting pole
Cement
Lnb
Lnb supports
Misc nuts bolts

For 2 bills or less, you can probably find a used 10' with matching parts . In my area they are dwindling but I can still locate at least 5 that are not used. For the mounting pole you can probably pick one up at a scrap yard depending on how high you need to mount it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)