Need help with infra red connection

Status
Please reply by conversation.

uh-oh

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2005
OK...I may not know what words to use or what I am doing....but that is why I am here! We just got DirecTV after having CBand for years. I used wireless earphones (I THINK it is called infrared) to listen to programs that my husband did not want to listen to. But when we switched, we forgot to ask the satellite man to switch the earphone infrared wires to connect from the 4DTV receiver to the DirecTV receiver. We got the thing unplugged from the 4DTV receiver yesterday but don't know where to plug into the DirecTV receiver. The wires to connect are two and I believe they are called RCA, and one is red and one is gray. They are male plugs.

Does anyone have any idea where they go in the back of the DirecTV receiver? If so, I would certainly appreciate the info so I can listen without disburbing my husband. Thanks.

PS - if we plug into wrong plug will it break the receiver or TV? We are both so afraid of doing damage. It is terrible being so dependent on others for such simple matters. Thanks

Welcome to SatelliteGuys !

*Most* DirecTV receivers have two sets of RCA-type audio outs. If you can provide us with the model number, we could probably post a picture showing where possible locations for connecting the headphones are.

There's little cause to worry about damage. The worst that could happen would be a loud hum.

Thanks for Welcome and for help!
The box says Model# D10

Attached is a picture of the back of a D10.

You'll see that I've highlighted the #8 area in yellow. That's where the audio comes out of the receiver. One set of outputs should be used, the other probably not. Plug you're headphone's base unit into the unused set and you should be good to go !

Hope that helps.

Attachments

• D10.jpg
    D10.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 215
Todd
Thanks for your help.
I hooked it up, and it WORKS! I have my ears again!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)