Need Help With SMART Values

rgerst

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 7, 2006
Fairhope, AL
Last week my 622 stop recognizing my EHD. I am getting "This feature is currently not supported" message when I try to access "My Media". I removed the Seagate 500G HD from the EHD enclosure and connected it to my PC. I ran a scan and remap on MHDD. I have attached a photo of the SMART values as reported after the scan. I have no idea what these mean. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• IMG_0392.jpg
    IMG_0392.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 175
It's looking good: #5 is 0,#197 and 198 = 0. One advise - keep it cool, now its temp is 45 C.
As to problems with 622, check connecting inside of the EHD and use better USB cable. Could be power brick issue, but you'll need to measure rail(s) and ripples/noise for that.

I bought a new enclosure with a cooling fan. I thought that would eliminate any issues with the power brick and USB connections. Unfortunately, after I installed the HD in the new enclosure and plugged it into the 622 I still get "This feature is currently not supported".

This must be an issue with the 622 software. I have two 622's in my home. Both are running L621 and I get the same error message on both receivers.

I called tech support yesterday and had them rehit my receivers with the HHK. That did not correct the problem. I was told that this was a known issue and that they are working on a software update.

I received L622 on one of my receivers today. I now get an error message informing me that I must reformat the drive.

I have connected the drive to my PC via USB and Device manager says that it is working properly.

Any Idea what I should try next?

Make a backup of DishArc folder, do cross your fingers :) and say Yes to the reformat request - it could do just re-marry process without deleting your recording. If it will delete - just copy back the whole DishArc.
Oh, use Linux for backup/restore or special drivers for Windows what support read/write Linux partitions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)