Need help with Vip 922Duo

Henry Sanchez

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 25, 2015
California, USA
Hello Satellite Guys community, i need your help with my 922, i just bought it about a week ago, i have 3 satellite dishes (77 W, 119 W and 129 W), with cal-amp Lnb's, and 2 SW-31 for combine them, but, when i go to point dish menú on the receiver, i can't find the option: dish 300,dish 500, superdish, etcétera.
The point is when i select Check Switch, the system start to count from 0 to 38 steps, and the result is system only find 119 W and 129 W Sats, but 77 W is missing.

Before 922, i had Vip 222 receiver, with the same satellite dishes and everything mentioned above, and the receiver was working with 3 satellites without any problems. Now, i have 2 questions:

Do you think 922 won't work with this satellite dish configuration? do i need to install dishPro lnb's and DPP34 switch instead of Cal-Amps and SW-31?

I attached a pic of the screen.

I´ll appreciate your help with this issue.

Have a nice Day!!!

Attachments

• 20150325_074637.jpg
    20150325_074637.jpg
    775.9 KB · Views: 243
With Legacy LNBs you can't feed a SW21 into another SW21. Are you sure they are both SW21s are you sure it worked before with 3 satellites?

I think you are going to be missing a lot of channels by not having 110 in there as well. You might want to think about going either WA (110,119,129) or EA (61.5,72,77) only. And like JSheridan stated, I am pretty sure that the 922 and up just work with DPP equipment. Which means you will need a DPP44 switch, or a DPP33 if you can find one, to hook those dishes to.

But i don't know why does not recognize the third satellite (77W). As i mentioned, with vip 222 receiver, everything work perfect.

Did you let it download the software?
I've seen 922s that won't recognize 77 with a 1000.4 ea lnb until it is has downloaded and another checkswitch is run

Reactions: ChadT41
Okay guys... Thanks for your comments.. I'll download the software as you say.
I have a dummy question... How can i perform the software update?? I been reading your post that i need to connect sat 119 only, and then perform the software update.. Is there a hidden menú or something to do that?

When I first got my 922 I had the eastern arc 1000.4 sat dish. It kept looking for 119 sat so I had to plug it into the 119 sat for the initial check switch run . Once I got that done, it downloaded the software the next step. After I got the software downloaded, I was able to hook it back to eastern arc 1000.4 sat dish and ran another check switch run to get all three sats in my matrix. I then was able to get it authorized by DISH and was up and running. I had the same problem with my hopper and the hopper with sling. So I just put up a side sat dish for 119 only and hooked it into my 1000.4 sat dish permanently. So no matter what new receiver comes up , it will always have 119 sat to take the initial software download without any issues.

What's Up Guys, i'm here once again, i want to tell to all of you that the procedure didn't work. :(
I did everything last night, hook up 119 only, perform check switch, and i let the receiver updating all night. I
20150327_072106.jpg
wake up in the morning, hook up 3 satellite dishes, perform check switch, and the same problem persist... 77W still missing on matrix...

Do yo think i need to change Cal-amp Lnb's and install DP Lnb's and DPP33-34 Switch?:boom

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts