Need help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

duckman18561

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2007
I am having trouble with all my Direct TV receavers. I can get some channels but not others, when I go to the area that shows the transponders every other one is 0. I called Direct TV and they said my satellite needs realined. Is that true and how hard is it to do they told me they could not have anybody out till Nov. 6th. I think that is way to long. My zip is 46224. Any help please.

When it is every other the receiver is not receiving the even or odd transponders. This is usually not an aiming problem (but could be), rather an equipment or cable problem.

Most common I would say is the LNB failing, or the cable having been damaged. Is this receiver a DVR? Can you verify the same thing on both "tuners"?

Unfortunately this is their busiest times of years with NFL subscriptions, etc. Two weeks for service is not a big suprise.

You can try calling a local retailer (phone book) and see if anyone in your area could come out sooner. I think DirecTV lowered their service calls to $49 recently, but a local retailer could charge differently, and charge for hardware too (like the LNB), so perhaps you'd be best waiting for DirecTV.

Yes on two of the receavers it has limited channels, but the HD-DVR it can't pull up shows that were recorded a few days ago. My Samsung TV acts like it looses the Direct TV input single.

Yes on two of the receavers it has limited channels, but the HD-DVR it can't pull up shows that were recorded a few days ago. My Samsung TV acts like it looses the Direct TV input single.

Your DVR can't pull up previous recordings ?
Try doing a reboot and see if that fixes the issue with the recordings.

Did D* already have you do a reboot ?

Go this route this time:
Menu, Set Up, System Set Up, Reset, Restart Rec., Dash in the box.

For you missing channels, see if this helps first, if not, it looks like what Jason said, my guess is a bad or going bad LNB, but also check your cable connections, make sure they are tight and secured.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

is my levals okey

Friday Night Lights on The 101 requiring HDCP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts