need motor info - just got P* 1 M dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The square tube bent? Did you have the model with the reinforcing side struts? SatelliteAV is now offering side support struts for this model, and the 3ABN version has side struts as well. Perhaps you can contact SatelliteAV to get a replacement feed support and have them include the side struts as well. This will not only give your feed support arm more... support, but will keep it in the correct position with the dish, and allow you to use a heavier LNBF (such as the Invacom Quad).

I called SatelliteAV and they will SELL me a set of side struts even though, when they sold me the dish, they said the dish I was to get had them. It did not. I have somewhat realigned the arm. I think this dish is way too thin for these winds. But I am gioing to try to get the lnbf bracket back on center (I know it is off on focal length as I have the lnbfs as far forward as I can get them and I still am nowhere close to Q I used to have.

I am going to get the dish off the roof, disassemble it and check for warp (I hope it is not, but it does look like it might be clamshelled.) Then see if I can get a full size drawing of the arm to realign it then reassemble it and see IF I can get it to work better. I will mount it low to the ground and a little futher south of the building lines. That is where I laid out a Dish Foundation yesterday.

Another week of no rain and I will be able to get a backhoe and drill into position the dig the holes. It will be about two months before I will be ready to bring out the cement truck, but I want to get ready. I recalculated and if I use two double runs of rebar I only need to go 14 inches wide!

CSR, Pam had brought this request to my attention and I had verified that the dish had been purchased during the transition but before the availability of the upgraded version. Your model does not have the predrilled hole on the LNBF arm to add the side support arms, so the CSR was instructed to offer the upgraded LNBF arm, the side support arms and the hardware for our replacement cost of $8 plus shipping.

If you received product that was different than you expected or as described, I wish that you would have brought this to our attention in September. Since we seem to have a misunderstanding regarding the hardware that was to be delivered for your dish, I will authorize an upgrade of a new LNBF arm and side arms with hardware if you will pay the shipping.

Please contact our customer service and speak with Pam if you would like to take us up on this offer. She will have a copy of your information.

The winds that you experienced should not have had the destructive effects that you describe. Movement of 4 inches of the LNBFs even without side struts would seem to indicate that the bolts on the butterfly bracket may have become loose causing the arm to rock. We find that it would be highly irregular to have the square LNBF arm bend due to wind force. We have had ice build-up and dish falls damage the arm, but have not heard of wind damage. We have performed wind tunnel testing with the manufacturer and the dish with dual LNBFs remained operational in 60+ mph winds and returned to normal operation after 80mph. Multiple 90cm testing dishes at our facility remained operational throughout a recent severe storm that tore the 1.8M dish off of our facility. If you could post or email photos of the damage, we would be very interested in examining this failure.

Last edited:
RV1pop

You got yourself a nice dish. We are getting a new solid motor ( Sadoun PowerTech DG380) in a couple of weeks. I would recommend this new motor for your needs. This new model will be the best and strongest HH Motor in its class.

I wish I could purchase that motor soon, (as in a couple of weeks, as you stated) as Im in the market for a really good motor to move my 1 meter Winegard dish with no problems, but I called Sadoun on the 5th of March and the lady I talked to informed me that they would not have that motor (Sadoun PowerTech DG380) for at least 2 or 3 more months. So right now Im patiently waiting. Maybe I should just settle for the DG280 as it is available rite now. Do you think it would suffice, as the Winegard is a pretty heavy dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)