Need some 'splaning, Lucy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AT&TDishman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
Indianapolis
I love this site and all the info it provides. However, all the scrolling, popping, flashing, blinking ads are screwing up my computer. I keep getting this ad for some sort of crap cleaner and then my browser crashes. Where is this coming from? Also, seem to be getting a lot of spam e-mails just after I log onto this site. Is my e-mail address being sold to these low life, scum bag, creeps, or is this site being hacked?

Sounds like you have been infected with all kinds of nasty spyware / adware and stuff like that.

I've been visiting this site regularly since it opened, and I have not seen any of the things that you have reported. Is here the only place were you see this, or is it just about everywhere you surf?

Sounds like you have been infected with all kinds of nasty spyware / adware and stuff like that.

I've been visiting this site regularly since it opened, and I have not seen any of the things that you have reported. Is here the only place were you see this, or is it just about everywhere you surf?

I've been here for a long time and not had any problems at home. I had issues here at work with IE crashing, but had the IT dept update flash & no crashes since.

Also ditto of above, if you've got add crap that's been dumped on your system from somewhere else, that could crash it.

I love this site and all the info it provides. However, all the scrolling, popping, flashing, blinking ads are screwing up my computer. I keep getting this ad for some sort of crap cleaner and then my browser crashes. Where is this coming from? Also, seem to be getting a lot of spam e-mails just after I log onto this site. Is my e-mail address being sold to these low life, scum bag, creeps, or is this site being hacked?

Sounds like your machine has been pwn3d.

So has a couple of the users of the transit website I maintain. I was asked by management why I put ads, plop-up, etc on it told them I didn't. They gave me the email of the person getting the junk and found out their machine got own3d. Some of the site's banners promoting local city events were replaced with pr0n stuff, although the size of banners are not standard size.

On WHT there was a thread though about one ad network letting "nasty" ads slip though the cracks.

Sounds like your machine has been pwn3d.

firefox! blah!

Safari! Blah!

Lynx is the way to go. (insert sarcasm here) :)

As for the OP, yeah, sounds like you have some cleaning to do.

fuels_1983_mercury_lynx.jpg

Yeah, the Lynx kicks butt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts