Netflix going up $1.

teamerickson

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2006
El Dorado Hills, CA
Not bad! Just got this email.

As you may know, Blu-ray movies are more expensive than standard definition movies. As a result, we're going to start charging $1 a month (plus applicable taxes), in addition to your monthly membership charge, for unlimited access to Blu-ray movies.

The additional charge for unlimited Blu-ray access will be automatically added to your next billing statement on or after November 5th, 2008 and will be referenced in your Membership Terms and Details. If you wish to continue getting Blu-ray movies for $1 a month more, you don't need to do anything. If not, you can remove Blu-ray access anytime by visiting Your Account at the Netflix website.

If you have questions about this change or need any assistance, please call us anytime at 1-888-638-3549.

-The Netflix Team

hmmm, I wonder what they plan to do for the people like me that got jacked for an extra $2 a month originally. Which thanks to a phone call resulted in me being on some screwball plan.

I am on a plan now of 2 out at a time unlimited, unlimited Watch instantly with Blu-ray access for $11.47 a month plus tax.

No email for me yet from netflix.

I just got the email too. Definitely better than $2. I can live with $1. Just would prefer premiums like this only go to heavy users/higher subscription plans. At 1 out at a time unlimited, I only watch 3-4 BDs max per month, while some people may be getting as many as 15-20.

So, now Netflix is $2/mo. more than Blockbuster.

Last month Netflix sent me a letter asking me to come back. They didn't offer me any discounts, etc. It was just pure hubris. Damn...even a cheating spouse says they're sorry, and they won't do it again.

So, now Netflix is $2/mo. more than Blockbuster.

Last month Netflix sent me a letter asking me to come back. They didn't offer me any discounts, etc. It was just pure hubris. Damn...even a cheating spouse says they're sorry, and they won't do it again.

I got a priority promo code (URL) to go back to Netflix a few months back. I used it, but net gain was no different had I not used it.

The value of my Netflix sub has increased substantially, however, since they added the 1,000 or so Starz Play movies to their Watch Instantly service and I've downloaded media mall beta software to stream Netflix (Hulu and others) to my TV via my PS3.

The only thing that would get me back to BB is better BD availability than when I left last May and a good selection of freebees in their new download service.

Haven't got an email yet. $1 increase doesn't seem too bad to me though. Beats $2 or $3 increase.

EDIT: Just got the email at 3:30pm.

Last edited:
It's not bad but I have found myself watching fewer movies lately. Since school as started, we'll been doing more things with the kids, watching prime time TV, and I happened upon a Hill Street Blues set. I have the Godfather set I haven't even opened yet.

With saving every dollar a priority now, I think I'm going to leave Netflix for a while.

Im watching fewer because Im caught up. Only 1-2 new releases per week for the next 3 mo's i want and Im buying most of them. Im getting ready to dial Blockbuster online back (Netflix is on one at a time).

Ill prob cancel them both in early Jan when my Vudu box is installed.

What does the update do?

The update coming in a month allows the 360 to act like a Roku box and use the Netflix Watch Instantly. Between existing Netflix users trying this for the first time and new users trialing/subbing, should be a pretty big deal for Netflix's infrastructure when it hits. This will be buffered a little by the requirement that you be a Gold sub to Live to take advantage. We're probably going to resub especially now that they've added all those Starz movies.

Xbox.com | New Xbox Experience

thumb800x800_2669678326_c934b48893_o.jpg

Is NOT a blu-ray..
I have Blu-ray/deal for over an year with netflix , paying at start a dollar more from the beginning the sign up for blu-ray excess...but next year going up a dollar more for package deal!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)