Netflix is putting the hurt on prices!

I saw another article today where new codecs need to be invented to kill optical. I agree, because until they can stream something like full quality Vudu HDX AND HD audio, Im not intersted. I still dont get why Vudu went away from downloads, to stream only. We could all enjoy excellent PQ 1080p/24 and lossless audio if they would allow us time to download it.

I saw another article today where new codecs need to be invented to kill optical. I agree, because until they can stream something like full quality Vudu HDX AND HD audio, Im not intersted. I still dont get why Vudu went away from downloads, to stream only. We could all enjoy excellent PQ 1080p/24 and lossless audio if they would allow us time to download it.

I noticed this with the ps3 app and have been meaning to hook up my stand alone and check it but keep forgetting. Can you still download with the actual box? Or do you know.

Only things I know of that can still download are the old BX100 (no DD+ audio)

Ok, ive still got one, maybe two of those. The audio is not that big of a deal for me personally, but I do like the option to download. Time to drag it back out.

While most recent movies I've seen on Netflix have improved PQ and AQ, the one remaining issue is the horizontal judder frame jumping. I've even seen this on Vudu but to a much lesser frequency.

The problem is that they are currently good enough to kill off optical.

I order far, far fewer BDs than I used to order. I now only buy special discs (like Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, etc). Most movies I find streaming good enough.

I suspect that far more people find streaming good enough for everything vs the price of physical media.

So many people will sacrifice quality for convience (look at the CD vs MP3), that there will not be enough people demanding the quality to support the physical media market any more. It will become a niche product.