Netflix maintains its lead even after its marketing blunders last year

Could be wrong but memory serves, the streaming distribution rights on Disney is exclusive to starz.

Netflix has their own deal with Disney for Tv content, everything produced by Disney that airs on the Disney Channel and ABC, like Lost, Housewives, Grey, Hannah Montanna, etc, etc, but not new movies that airs on Starz.

bruce- While I trust you believe what you state, can you find a reference documentation for it. In addition to what Reed Hastings said about it, in stockholders call I can only find documentation like this and dozens of other similar reports. Would appreciate your posting some documentation.

Also, I don't believe when a viewer wants to watch something like Toy Story or Tangled that Housewives or Grey is a welcome substitute if that's the only type of content remaining if your source is correct. I also feel and agree with critics that Reed's cavalier attitude about the popularity of Disney and Sony movies can be substituted with MGM, Paramount and Lionsgate.

As both a subscriber and investor in Netflix, I have to say that Reed Hastings needs to understand Netflix is not magic, that his subscribers growth is based on both good rates and excellent content. When you offer the kind of quality and quantity as does Netflix today, there is only one way to grow- Be the best of breed. He will lose that if he doesn't stay on top of his content licenses.

Netflix Announces Extension With Disney-ABC, Adds 'Alias' And Other Shows

Netflix watchers no longer have to be desperate about the state of their "Housewives," as the embattled movie and television streaming site has announced an extension of their current contract with Disney-ABC.

The deal includes shows from ABC, ABC Family and The Disney Channel and will allow Netflix to stream new episodes of current shows "30-days after the last episode of each season airs," according to a press release. In addition to the ABC shows already available on Netflix, the site also adds the entirety of "Alias," the popular Jennifer Garner espionage program from the 2000s that was an early hit from producer JJ Abrams.

Also, I don't believe when a viewer wants to watch something like Toy Story or Tangled that Housewives or Grey is a welcome substitute if that's the only type of content remaining if your source is correct. I also feel and agree with critics that Reed's cavalier attitude about the popularity of Disney and Sony movies can be substituted with MGM, Paramount and Lionsgate.

While they will soon lose the Disney Movies, they will have the Dreamworks Animation catalog(new and older movies) soon and they will be the only ones having them, not on Epix, Starz or anywhere else, only on Netflix.

Thanks, bruce. Appreciate your reference and the scoop on Dreamworks. Guess we'll know by next qtr report how the ad campaign they are running worked. Hopefully they will reverse the losses of 2011 and return to profits in 2013.

when does the dreamworks deal kick in. Im glad they have added xfiles and buffy. they need to try to get more old wb content not just cw like gossip girl and nikita although they are good deals and I like how the seasons are added to netflix after the season completes. shows like dawson and gilmore girls and everwood would be grate to have