New 3D uploads to my You Tube channel

Ilya- I don't have a Roku box to test. My daughter has one and if I get some time this weekend, I'll see how it works. Her MIL has an Apple TV box and they can play all the 3D clips on YT with no problems. I thought that was interesting since Apple is often quite restrictive on new formats.

FYI- All my 3D videos are created the same way. I render them as wmv 8mbs SBS Half and You Tube does the rest. If you can play one you should be able to play all of them unless its a bandwidth problem.

You can download the YT videos with an application you have to install. Do a google search for "download You Tube video" I have that on one of my computers and it adds an option button to the YT player to download the file to your computer.

Ok, thanks. I think what I will do, I will hookup my Oppo player from another room. It has a YouTube app. Hopefully it will be able to handle it better.

Ilya- Was pretty busy but did ask my daughter about Roku and YT and she said there isn't a YT app on Roku, that she uses either ipad or Mac to watch YT videos. No 3D, not even anaglyph on ipad though. May get time to do a hunt myself on Roku later today.

Ilya- Was pretty busy but did ask my daughter about Roku and YT and she said there isn't a YT app on Roku, that she uses either ipad or Mac to watch YT videos. No 3D, not even anaglyph on ipad though. May get time to do a hunt myself on Roku later today.

Sorry, I didn't realize that YouTube is no longer offered on Roku, I must have installed that channel/app on my Roku box long time ago, when it was still available. It still works, but apparently not for all videos.

Anyway, I just watched your Allure video via my OPPO player in 3D. It looked great! Thanks for sharing! It brought back the memories of our recent cruise. What an amazing ship!

Sent from my iPad 3 using SatelliteGuys

Ilya- Yesterday I was at my daughter's house and had a chance to check out their Roku box and YT is no where to be found. I think I will consider buying them an Apple TV box later in the year as a birthday gift since her MIL has one and it works great for YT and even in 3D YT.

BTW- That Allure video was using lots of 2D photos I added a 3D push back effect in Vegas Pro and then varied the depth range. I liked the effect for 2D photos in a 3D production. Did you notice all the stills were not real 3D, but just 2D pushed back behind the screen plane?

This is my first actual production using a two 3D camera point of view of a performance. The points of view are extreme wide angle in 3D and mixed with a medium 3D shot. The wide angle was shot using two NEX5n cameras with a6mm Sony pancake lenses fitted with Sony's 0.62x fisheye adapters. The center camera mounted between the two NEX5n's was a single Sony HDR TD10 set for full wide. I recorded stereo sound on both the NEX5n's and 5.1 sound on the TD10. The sound on the NEX5n's was used to sync the recordings for pairing in Sony Vegas Pro v12. The final 5.1 sound in the rendering was from the TD10. The location of the rig was between two PA speakers in the center of the lake along the sidewalk. The 5.1 sound was only preserved in the BluRay rendering, not this You Tube rendering which is 2 ch stereo. The interaxial of the NEX5n camera lenses was 10 inches.

Last edited by a moderator:
44 years ago, we came to Florida on our honeymoon and the highlight of our trip was to visit the Kennedy Space Center, the place where the mission to land on the Moon began in July 1969. Since moving to Florida, we make it a point to visit yearly. Always an enjoyable couple days. Here is a recap of our trip August 9th and 10. It was shot with a Sony HDR TD10 and a pair of Pivothead sunglasses. Also includes some 2D classic PD video from NASA.

The largest 4K 3D OLED video wall display was presented to CES 2014 attendees in the Central Hall. It was clearly the hands down largest audience throughout CES of all the booths. At any time of the show, it was very difficult to get a clear unobstructed view of the whole screen. While LG had a similar wall last year, this one was curved, OLED, 4K 21:9 panels and presented in 3D. Last year's wall was flat and made of 16:9 LED 1080p panels.

I shot both with the same camcorder using my special custom filter designed to record 3D video off of passive TV screens.

As usual, with all my You Tube videos, it is best seen using a 3D TV set manually for side by side 3D mode. However, you can also see the 3D by selecting anaglyph from the You Tube web page and viewing from a regular 2D computer screen.

I started to post some exerpts from my latest feature length documentary- Carlsbad Caverns in 3D

It is a 90 minute length documentary done as a tour of the Natural Entrance and Big Room along the walk trail laid out by the park. This is a non-commercial production and will not be available for sale as a product. It will only be available similarly to my other long form documentaries.

On You Tube, due to the length of the program, the 3D will only be available in short excerpts. I posted the first of several parts now and will be uploading others throughout the week as popularity dictates.

On YouTube videos of carcam road trips have become popular especially since the product GoPro cameras came to market.

I became fascinated with this viewpoint and have become a YT fan of them for the past 6 months and decided to add this shooting technique to my kit, but wanted to take the idea to the next level. First, I wanted to shoot the forward view with a 3D camcorder to give a more realistic look of how the driver sees the road and often great scenery. Second, on the current collection of this genre, you never know exactly where you are unless a road sign just happens to pass by. So, I added a second camcorder to record synced video of my GPS map to the forward view.

My first YT upload is the drive from Carlsbad National Highway into the Park and on to the Visitor's center. This video only had one issue I had not counted on. The particular road did not show on my GPS when expanded so I had to keep the map on a larger area. On future videos in Death Valley I have some better maps, even off road trains we drove on that work. Look for them in the future.

P1000707.JPG

Just finished the trip to the Caverns, it started about a mile past my Uncles Ranch (on the right), and I glimpsed some country not far past Whites City that isn't park land and was his. :) Whites City used to have a ski lift on the right side up to a place on the side of the hill where they had some Apache stuff. The country on the way to the Cave looks much different as we had wildfires 3 years ago that have left the country way more barren than it used to be. (more soto, greasewood etc)... Good video Don! I grew up and have spent much of my life within 10 miles or less of the Cave (in the hills).

I was going to ask you about the burnt cactus I saw on some hikes I did to the high point off the main road. It sure was a beautiful day for the video. I was very pleased.

On a side note I wanted to mention at CES but we were all in such a hurry. On the drive over to The Park we took a shortcut on 720 as we were coming up from Pecos TX. About 3 miles from the main highway, I drove up to an 18 point buck standing right in the road. Beautiful sight. I thought, now I know why Don F. loves to hunt around here. As I got closer he bolted and took off to the north. That is the biggest buck I have ever seen that close. But as my luck would have it, my carcam was not turned on at the time. Wife was switching to fresh batteries. :(

But those deer are protected being on the National Park lands, right?
Sure, my Uncles Ranch and the next ranch up that belonged to one of my best freinds family bordered the Caverns land and they patrol during hunting seasons... the scenic route was a good trip to just see some deer and usually they didn't spook so you could watch them for awhile...

For me the hike was easier then. That image pre fire is not as bad as here in Florida jungles.

If time permits, we may return to Carlsbad between April 10-12 for a day to do Kings Palace guided tour. I see now that it has electric lights like the Big Room so video will be successful. I have to be back in Jacksonville by the 15th to return my rental. It would be the last stop on our third cross country trip this year. We plan to do a day at Disneyland to check the smaller park out, then had planned to visit my birth place but it is now high security area so we scrapped that and will head directly to Monument Park for a few days to do 3D, and then to Canyonlands up to Arches Park and then down to Grand Canyon eastern side and the next stop, Carlsbad. ( all subject to change ) It will be a two week tour. The first 2 weeks takes us to Cartegena, Colombia, Panama and up the west coast of Mexico to San Diego.

I have removed the short preview of Carlsbad Caverns from You Tube and replaced it with the full length version to include parts of the drive up to the Park and the Natural Entrance as well as the tour of the Big Room. This video is an hour long and is in 3D.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)