New Add-On Packages

I just checked my third account ( Aunt) with only the Welcome pack and Encore movies in it and I still don't see any option under ala cart . I don't see any add on menu come up either. But if DISH is moving towards packs similar to Sling tv packs, we might be moving closer to ala cart options like Canada has. I wonder when they are going to offer them to the public?
It's not under a la carte, go to core, then add on packages, then click on details highlighted in blue

It's not under a la carte, go to core, then add on packages, then click on details highlighted in blue
I go to core and there is NO add on package to be found. On my aunt's account she has Welcome pack + Encore pack and there is no add on packs listed . When I check under ala cart ,there is no add on pack listed either. So it must be something you can see, because you already had an add on pack listed on your account before they made a change to the add ons.

I go to core and there is NO add on package to be found. On my aunt's account she has Welcome pack + Encore pack and there is no add on packs listed . When I check under ala cart ,there is no add on pack listed either. So it must be something you can see, because you already had an add on pack listed on your account before they made a change to the add ons.

It was probably an error in the website and the packages haven't been "officially" launched yet. I read a rumor about a "Regional Action Pack" so, looks like there must be some others coming.

All of my Welcome pack account are prepaid, so maybe that why i see it on them

My account shows the Add-On Details link I think because I have the Heartland Package which is going to be considered an Add-On Pack along with these new ones. It used to show up under "a la carte" and have the option to add or remove it and now it is no longer showing there.

I had seen someone mention a Kids' Pack once before on the forums.

Reactions: pattykay
I do not see any of this on our account.

I was told around the beginning of April that there was a Kids Package add-on for $15/month for the following; Disney Jr., Disney Channel, Disney West, Disney XD, Boomerang, CN, CN West and Animal Planet.

I noticed the one posted had different channels; so, hopefully the add-ons will not be $15/month each. I am guessing probably around $5/month each will probably be about right except for maybe the sports ones as sports typically seem to be more expensive. Of course, I would not object to lower prices. I mean isn't Outdoor Package still $4/month; it may have been $3/month in the past, though. It would be great if they were around $3-$4 because you could add more packages; however, I doubt there would be $1-$2 packages. One could dream. LOL

We used to have Encore and Heartland when they were $5. They both went up a dollar to $6; so, we went with DIsh Movie Pack for $10. However, unfortunately, that add-on has being losing the variety channels in its whenever contracts seem to come up.

We would maybe consider the Kids Package if it was not ridiculously expensive. We don't really need Baby TV; we get Boomerang already (although nice for those who want it without AT200). Would maybe get Variety just for ID. Too bad it does not have DIY...and fyi (although I would pick DIY over fyi). Of course, there would probably be other channels we would like to see in these packages instead of some of the ones in it.

However, I suppose it is a welcoming start although we do not know the pricing. I am afraid a la carte could drive prices up in the future; however, it is nice to have options available (or when or if they become available).

I still would like the DIsh Latino Bonus pack just for the Sirius XM channels; I mean Smart Pack can add it. Why can't Welcome pack subs? So frustrating...and really only for 2 channels.....However, i am thankful that Dish gives the Christmas ones free during Christmastime.

This would be a step in the right direction...now if they would offer a pick-em pack, that would be even better.

I believe someone posted some time back that Dish used to allow subs to pick X amount of channels for X price. I guess there were some restrictions back then on which ones.

I believe someone posted some time back that Dish used to allow subs to pick X amount of channels for X price. I guess there were some restrictions back then on which ones.
I check on the variety of add ons, if it goes through would be one of the best thing happen to pay tv, especially variety pack, which includes LMN, Bet, CI, ID, Bravo & Freeform

One thing that is different on my account is the "Locals Pack" that is automatically selected on the International tab. It used to say just "Locals" and was $6.00. Now it says "Locals Pack" and is $10.00.

One thing that is different on my account is the "Locals Pack" that is automatically selected on the International tab. It used to say just "Locals" and was $6.00. Now it says "Locals Pack" and is $10.00.
Do you a have any discount a la carte, on your programming?

I also noticed that change.

Looking at my account, I see Smart Pack listed at $36.99 (!!!), and under the ala carte menu I don't see Heartland.

Maybe what I posted last week in the rumors thread is coming true and they are working on the changes? Also the international locals pack being $10 may be a reflection of what locals now cost and DISH is now including them in all packages to defray further increases.

I do sense some kind of change coming not necessarily just the Top 250 and AEP and I think some of the recent negotiations (not locals) have been about that.

Joey turning on receiver on its own

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)