New azbox software out

On Rick's board, a user says that the latest daily build has blind scan. Anybody tried it yet?
I havn't tried it yet, but I saw these pictures from another website.

Attachments

• BlindScan.png
    BlindScan.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 167
  • BlindSan2.JPG
    BlindSan2.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 179
If you can only scan one symbol rate at a time, that's kind of useless. I wasn't expecting anything spectacular without hardware support, and it sounds like they didn't disappoint :(

Looks like we posted at the same time, Iceberg. How do you know it's the Plus? I haven't looked yet today, but as of a couple of days ago I hadn't seen any screen shots of the Plus operating in English.

Somebody's going to have to download it and try it. I don't know why it's so hard to get good in-depth reviews of anything from boards other than this one. Like the Dutch guy I saw who said that he tried the blind scan on the Plus and it started finding channels, so he stopped it. Wow, way to exercise the unit there dude.

On Rick's board, a user says that the latest daily build has blind scan. Anybody tried it yet?

Yep it does, and it doesn't. Oh, it looks like it alright, but you have to give it a signal rate, and it scans ONLY that signal rate. If for some reason you know the signal rate, it will find the frequency for you.....otherwise its useless. :rant:

The forum I was on said if you put the symbol rate to 30000 it will scan up to that,he said he found channels around 27500,this is in europe.

The new firmware has "Poor Man's" Blind Scan
You set the Freq Range, FEC, Modulation, and Pilot if dvb-s2
Freq: 3700 - 4200
Scan Rate: 29270
FEC: Auto
Modulation: DVB-S

or

Freq: 3700 - 4200
Scan Rate: 24770
FEC: 5/6
Modulation: DVB-S2
Pilot: On

Yep it does, and it doesn't. Oh, it looks like it alright, but you have to give it a signal rate, and it scans ONLY that signal rate. If for some reason you know the signal rate, it will find the frequency for you.....otherwise its useless. :rant:
From what I read from other sites, the AZBox will scan up to the SR you input. So lets say you input Symbol Rate of 12000, it will only scan up to 12000 symbol rate. I will test it when I get the chance. It's a start though!:)

From what I read from other sites, the AZBox will scan up to the SR you input. So lets say you input Symbol Rate of 12000, it will only scan up to 12000 symbol rate. I will test it when I get the chance. It's a start though!:)

Nope. I scanned Galaxy 19 Ku with a 22000 S/R, all it found was ONLY the channels with 22000 S/R, nothing else.

Lak7, are you saying that you have it working?
Nope, will try tonight
Talked to another user, it seemed to only scan the Freq entered.

I have a couple Dummy Sats setup as Poor Man's Blind Scan, 102 TPs all with same Scan Rate

Nope. I scanned Galaxy 19 Ku with a 22000 S/R, all it found was ONLY the channels with 22000 S/R, nothing else.

In what universe is that useful?

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't expecting a miracle, since there's no hardware support for it, but they kept claiming that they were working on a way to make it scan in a reasonable time. I suppose this does, but I don't know why I'd even want to.

so the blind scan is useless then

unless you scan symbol rates like 13021, 13235, 29270 or 30000 for sports feeds

In what universe is that useful?

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't expecting a miracle, since there's no hardware support for it, but they kept claiming that they were working on a way to make it scan in a reasonable time. I suppose this does, but I don't know why I'd even want to.

Correct. I have been thinking for an hour now, and can't think of a way for it to be useful.

so the blind scan is useless then

unless you scan symbol rates like 13021, 13235, 29270 or 30000 for sports feeds

Correct again. :D The Folks in Europe may be stoked...but its useless for us.

Ok, got it working. Hard reboot needed. I set 17000-12200, SR at 32000 / S28PSK on 125w AMC21.

Scanned in everything, dvb included and Montana PBS with a SR of 4340.

So I tried again but:

Deleted all TPs
Deleted all channels

17000-12200, SR at 32000 / S28PSK on 125w AMC21 and
17000-12200, SR at 32000 / DVBS on 125w AMC21.

Got nothing.

So 'blind scan' was just scanning my saved TPs. Big wup!

Good news is that I was able to restore my settings from my USB!

BTW, I hate the new shut down sequence!

Ok, got it working. Hard reboot needed. I set 17000-12200, SR at 32000 / S28PSK on 125w AMC21.

Scanned in everything, dvb included and Montana PBS with a SR of 4340.

So I tried again but:

Deleted all TPs
Deleted all channels

17000-12200, SR at 32000 / S28PSK on 125w AMC21 and
17000-12200, SR at 32000 / DVBS on 125w AMC21.

Got nothing.

So 'blind scan' was just scanning my saved TPs. Big wup!

Good news is that I was able to restore my settings from my USB!

BTW, I hate the new shut down sequence!
I had a similar experience with the 4110 update.

@ the red Highlighted;
That should be freqs. 11700-12200?

Last edited:
I scanned AMC15 knowing there was a cbb game on there

set the s/r for 30000 (big 10 feed) and said scan

It said it found 6 transponders, 2 new ones...the 4 "old" ones were already logged in there
-macy's
-echo test card
-2 feeds from this past weekend I hadnt cleaned out yet

and for some reason it logged the TP for the bb game twice
-one at 1mhz below the "known" frequency (compared to the Coolsat 5000)
-one at 5mhz above the "known" frequency

so its kinda working but again you have to know the symbol rate. It scans in 5mhz steps when it scans

The good news is they have finally made the initial effort. Hopefully, they'll continue tuning this until it's an adequate feature. A software Blindscan probably won't ever be more than just "adequte" but it'll be nice to have , nonetheless.
Merry Christmas, all you guys and gals.
:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts