Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Well folks Panjo was a bust and their software is not compatible with our new software. I have searched for a nice classifieds platform for XenForo but have not found anything acceptable.

So once again SatelliteGuys SatelliteGuys Classifieds are back to their classic state, but with some slightly changed rules.. so here we go.

The Rules for our Classifieds Section

1) Classifieds / For Sale Ads may only be placed by SatelliteGuys Supporting Pub Members, Supporting Founders and our new Corporate Pub Member supporters.

2) Commercial Sales are NOT allowed in our Classifieds Section unless you are a Corporate Pub Member. Corporate Pub Members are allowed ONE new thread a week where they can advertise their specials or new products. They of course may add replies to that thread as they see fit.

Non Corporate Pub Members who post bulk items which the SatelliteGuys staff deems to be of commercial nature will have their post removed, and future violations will lead to their removal from posting in the classifieds forum.

3) Other than the cost to be a Pub Member / Supporter there are no additional fees for posting to our classifieds

4) Due to issues in the past, sales of Computer Software is not allowed.

5) Because all sales are private transactions between members, SatelliteGuys is not responsible for any issues with any transaction. As always "Caveat emptor."

Finally an explanation of why we only allow our supporters to see items here.

A few weeks ago I got chewed out by a member because they couldn't post items for sale because they were not a supporter of our site. He then went on to say that he did not support our site, did not want to support our site and didn't like our site but he was moving and had a bunch of satellite stuff to get rid of and this was the only place where he could sell it... and that it was unfair of us to have this supporters only posting policy.

I basically wrote him back and politely told him to take his junk and sell it somewhere else. :)

People don't understand that every time they come to this page that it costs us money as we pay for our bandwidth both from our co location site where our servers are and also from our CDN Cloud Servers. It costs money to run this site and it's not cheap. All the money we get from Pub Memberships goes to the site to pay these bills. And I feel as a THANK YOU giving our supporters the ability to sell items as well as access to other supporter only features is only the right thing for us to do.

Another way to think of it is, this is our house and you are a guest in it. Just because you are a guest in our house does not mean you can paint the walls a different color because you don't like them.

It is not a right that just because you are in our house that you can post ads to sell things... things which you are going to profit off of. Again this is just one of the things we do for our supporters to say THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT.

I am lucky I make good money at my job, and that SatelliteGuys is my Hobby. There are months when I reach into my pocket to pay to keep SatelliteGuys online. I don't mind doing it, as I love this site and our members. Many of you guys have been here so long you feel like family to me. :)

Again Pub Membership goes to pay for the operation, upkeep and upgrades of the site. Its not to make my wallet fatter. So to those supporters THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT, I wish I could offer more as my thanks. :)

You have very cheap ad rates in your newspaper.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I agree with the "guest in your house" rules. I have been wanting to get my 2 year membership, but being a full time student, unfortunately, it is not going to happen soon. However I still talk up this site to as many people as I can, and try and get them to sign up for membership. We appreciate everything Scott. This is by far the best site I have to go to, when I want the know how or just want to mess around and learn some new things(and help out in the dish forum if I can). Keep up the good work. I will try and see if I can talk anyone in my computer class into the site. They all wanna spend their time playing wow or something of the nature(blah)