New Customer Install - given a 522 DVR instead of a 625 DVR?

^^^ i have a 625...& there is no option to tune in OTA. There is a signal pass through...but I dont use that option since if the TV have to tune the channels...why have have the cable connected directly with the TV. I guess that option is there for people having very very old TV with 1 input only....

It should still work with a newer TV with a digital tuner. You hook your antenna up to the 522 and get your locals OTA via the TVs' tuner. The 522 allows the OTA signals to "pass through" to the TV via the same coax that's hooked up to the TV from the receiver. The receiver doesn't even have to be on. You use the TV's remote & tuner to select your OTA locals. I used to do just that with a 311 but it was analog then to an older TV.

Ed

^^^ my point was that the pass through setup is feasable...only if the DVR is connected to TV with coax.....& since most TV have 1 coax....u will have to change the cables or look for other methods to get OTA...or use the DVR pass through to watch OTA using the same coax.

But since the DVR is connected with S-Video or composite......the OTA can be connected directly with the TV....well...itleast thats how I have setup. Different people have different tastes.

VOD Recording

622 Dish Sling Account

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts