New D* Install--Use own equipment

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sfollenius

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I have a question. I am switching from E* to D* because of my bellsouth savings. I have ordered the HR20 and a regular receiver for my bedroom. I bought an SD Tivo from e-bay (I'd rather have that than the new D* non tivo recorder). Will they install the new HR20 bought from D* with my purchased D* tivo instead of the standard receiver. I guess this may depend on the installer. I was thinking if worst I could have them install the standard receiver then swap out the for the tivo. But I think being that its two tuner I would have to buy another switch of some sort?

Thanks!

Okay, so I should be able to have him install a standard receiver then call D* to try to swap it out for the Tivo? If I go that route will I have to run an additional line to my reciever since the standard reciever is one tuner? Will I have to buy a switch of some sort? I think I would have to pay $99 to get the R15, but from what I read its not so good.

Okay, so I should be able to have him install a standard receiver then call D* to try to swap it out for the Tivo? If I go that route will I have to run an additional line to my reciever since the standard reciever is one tuner? Will I have to buy a switch of some sort? I think I would have to pay $99 to get the R15, but from what I read its not so good.
Have you ever heard of paying under the table? I'm sure for the right amount the installer will run a second line to the location you want the TiVo. The R15 does it's job well it just does it differently than a TiVo. Both will record programming for you in your absence.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HR20 Recording Issues

Band-Aid fix for stretch-o-vision (TNT, TBS)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)