New Directv customer as of 02-17-11 with a question about signal levels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
you can lose signal with any size of dish. Its the band that Directv (and Dish) are using that depends. With KU Band (as this is) the larger the dish and as peaked the best, the less rain fade you'll have.

I've had D* for a year now and have lost signal twice (well actually 3 times)...once during a torrential thunderstorm, once when we had a really freak snowstorm (it was that concrete snow). Dark heavy clouds to the south will kill a signal quicker than a rain storm. The snowstorm was like that. Really heavy wet snow

The 3rd time? When the power went out due to blowing a transformer during that snowstorm ;)

Being a new Directv customer, I have another question. After posting my signal/transponder signal levels for ya'll too see and ya'll telling me that my signal levels are as good as it can get and are very, very good....I'm just curious and wondering that in cloudy, raining, thunderstorms, sleet and snow since my signal levels are as good as can get and are very, very good if I will lose any signal on those types of weather, or will it be hard and rare for me too lose signal in that type of weather being my signal levels are very, very good? Thanks!!

Good signal levels mean weather fade is less likely.

However, every customer gets good signal levels due to Installation Verification.
Like I said before, if they were not really good, your receiver would have never activated.

This being said, you will occasionally experience weather fade.

Also, do you know if I should have and need to leave the ethernet cable that is connected to my Directv receiver to my computer router plugged in? Because when I had my Directv installed, the installer connected the ethernet cable from my computer router to the receiver and I was wondering if I need to leave it connected inorder to get updates on my Directv, or to receive updated weather forecasts on "active"? I can click on "active" now and still receive the weather forecasts under my zip code in my area eventhough I don't have the ethernet cable connected to it anymore. So I was just wondering what it's used for. Thanks!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

free starz weekend

Dish customer with a question regarding local channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)