Status
Please reply by conversation.

VettePilot

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2005
Garland, TX (Near Dallas)
Hello everyone,

I have searched this forum but was unable to find the answers I was looking for.

I want to purchase a DirecTV DVR for my Father but I have been reading that there is going to be a new DVR released by DirecTV (not a DirecTV Tivo) sometime in the future.

1) Is there a tentative release date for this new DVR?

2) Should I wait until the new DVR is released or just get him a Tivo based DVR now?

Thanks in advance :)

the new DVR isn't going to be ready until next year sometime. go ahead and get a Tivo, you'll be glad you did.

Go ahead and buy the DirecTivo. For $49 you can possibly go wrong! when the next DirecTV DVR comes, go ahead an upgrade it!

there will be Two dvr come from D* the Nds pvr (Sd) and the HMC (Hd) the nds pvr will come out in the next 1-4 months, HMC will out end of year or 1Q of 2006

the nds box will not be out in 1-4 months, more like 6-12 months. there wasn't even a working prototype ready at CES, there's no way they'd be ready for a launch in 6 months, much less a month from now.

No, I'm not. The NDS box wasn't even close to ready at CES. It will be quite a while before the NDS boxes are out. If they were coming soon (next 3-4 months) there'd be more info about them out there, like a release date, features, pricing, and they'd probably be getting ready to manufacture them. They JUST signed up Humax to manufacture them in the past month, so I doubt that Humax is ready to start pumping them out yet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Problem with Diplexing

Specific sat. locations for aiming...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)