New DIRECTV Receiver Coming in August

Status
Please reply by conversation.
which hasn't happened since October 2022!
Has ANYTHING with D* happened since Oct '22 ... worthwhile ????

I've still got HR24's running, they are older than ... don't remember when they came out. ('09)

I can't use the Clients .... THIER issue for trying to screw everyone into using a Server.

I want Stand Alone recvrs. (for HOME)
Can't do alot of things with a Client. (Tailgating comes to mind, I'm not pulling the "Server" out of the system every week I need it) ...

Last edited:
Reactions: AkaDoubleG
don't remember when they came out.
I believe they came out around the start of 2010. If they’re older than that, they’re probably pre-productions models from if you were on CE back then and “won” a pre-production HR24 to test for a review.

I'm not going to be the DIRECTV apologist. I wish I could get all of you H26K receivers and even a standalone DVR. If I could, I would. There's literally not even a place in the computer system to add an H26K to a residential account.

I wish there was because from my time testing it, the receiver is "that good." No, it doesn't have a built-in MoCA adapter but as I discuss in the video (I think) you can diplex a DECA in with a 1x2 splitter and the loss isn't as much as you think compared to an H25 with a built-in MoCA diplexer.

Otherwise it's pretty much perfect as receivers go.

I'm not going to be the DIRECTV apologist. I wish I could get all of you H26K receivers and even a standalone DVR. If I could, I would. There's literally not even a place in the computer system to add an H26K to a residential account.

I wish there was because from my time testing it, the receiver is "that good." No, it doesn't have a built-in MoCA adapter but as I discuss in the video (I think) you can diplex a DECA in with a 1x2 splitter and the loss isn't as much as you think compared to an H25 with a built-in MoCA diplexer.

Otherwise it's pretty much perfect as receivers go.
An NAS diplexer would be ideal for this, to separate DECA and SAT(SWM), at the receiver.

An NAS diplexer would be ideal for this, to separate DECA and SAT(SWM), at the receiver.
You can use an STD-9501 diplexer instead of a 1x2 splitter but since the DECA is only the CH signal and the sat input is only the SWM signals, there’s no overlap and no need for the notch filters in the 9501. Actually any 3GHz rated splitter/combiner would do it. They recommend the green label 1x2 because an installer is likely to have it on the truck.

I'm assuming they don't support the LCC with those USB ports.

But it sure would have been nice if they did to better deal with the inevitable disputes. But if they aren't smart enough to do that to help their residential customers they aren't going to be smart enough to do it here either.

Status
Please reply by conversation.