Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
A Couple of shots from my Canon...
IMG_0009.jpg
IMG_0012.jpg

DishSubLA

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 9, 2006
One thing I do not like is that you lose a half hour of guide for the info on the right. I have always liked the fact I could position my guide at 7 pm and see the entire nights prime time.
AGREE. Will add for me it is 8-11PM prime time all on one screen.

Reactions: Jim S.

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
AGREE. Will add for me it is 8-11PM prime time all on one screen.
IF you are saying that you want to see all of your prime time channels at one time then you can do what I do. I set in my guide a LOCALS option and then put my ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX and CW in one guide. I then move to 7:00pm and I can see all the way to 10:00pm and I can see what is recording that night during prime time. I can easily go through the guide and select the show and see if it is New or not.

Reactions: charlesrshell

dangue

Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 29, 2007
SF Bay Area
IF you are saying that you want to see all of your prime time channels at one time then you can do what I do. I set in my guide a LOCALS option and then put my ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX and CW in one guide. I then move to 7:00pm and I can see all the way to 10:00pm and I can see what is recording that night during prime time. I can easily go through the guide and select the show and see if it is New or not.
His comment was towards the new guide showing less than 3 hours at a time so you can't see a channel's full prime time schedule on one screen.

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
Thanks for the tip. I never noticed the My Off-Air guide option before. Has it always been there?

Reactions: MikeD-C05

dwarren2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
Rochester, NY Region
If you compare the 2 pictures of the guide you will see a difference. The head on shows only 7 channels, the blurry off angle shows 8. Could be large vs small fonts.

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
If you compare the 2 pictures of the guide you will see a difference. The head on shows only 7 channels, the blurry off angle shows 8. Could be large vs small fonts.
It's actually showing (9), not (8), and yes, it's most certainly from the small-font to large-font change. Lose the banner and gain (1) more on both settings too.

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
Always ? I personally can't say, but it's definitely not "brand new". It's been there for a while....
Thanks, I just leave my options set on My Channels. Don't remember seeing My Off-Air selection before. But it has been a long time since I looked at the options.

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
Would be nice if we could see all the shows appearing on a particular channel in different orders, alphabetical, time that it will air, popularity (What's Hot), etc. They could do this by letting you search for a particular channel and the shows airing on that channel being the search result. We used to be able to do this with a particular receiver in the past, seeing all the shows on that particular channel. The receiver is now an obsolete DVR. I believe it was the Dishplayer or 721 that could do this in the past.

sethwell

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 16, 2008
Booneville, AR
Would be nice if we could see all the shows appearing on a particular channel in different orders, alphabetical, time that it will air, popularity (What's Hot), etc. They could do this by letting you search for a particular channel and the shows airing on that channel being the search result. We used to be able to do this with a particular receiver in the past, seeing all the shows on that particular channel. The receiver is now an obsolete DVR. I believe it was the Dishplayer or 721 that could do this in the past.
I miss that option from back in the day when I used Media Center for a DVR when I had cable. Select the channel number then it would display all shows on that channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts