New Fta Hobby

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ray_Air

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 15, 2005
I have always read books on Satellite systems and I have Dish Network, but I wanted to get into the FTA scene. I like to read Popular Communications and they had an feature article called "Surveillance In The Clear" where a hobbyist received on some satellite, surveillance pictures of some military base. He reported it and they verified it was not a secret project. Anyway, can anyone recommend a good mid-grade satellite system for picking up wild feeds, not your usual boring channels. Can you purchase a analog c/ku receiver and set it up immediately to receive unencrypted channels or do I have to go FTA? I am trying to learn more on FTA. Thanks.

Ray_Air said:
I have always read books on Satellite systems and I have Dish Network, but I wanted to get into the FTA scene. I like to read Popular Communications and they had an feature article called "Surveillance In The Clear" where a hobbyist received on some satellite, surveillance pictures of some military base. He reported it and they verified it was not a secret project. Anyway, can anyone recommend a good mid-grade satellite system for picking up wild feeds, not your usual boring channels. Can you purchase a analog c/ku receiver and set it up immediately to receive unencrypted channels or do I have to go FTA? I am trying to learn more on FTA. Thanks.

Well, you can buy a new Pansat 2700A and try yourself ??

I remember a few years ago some people in the UK with FTA satellite systems were picking up LIVE US military spy drones over Europe, they soon put a stop to that. I have seen some AMAZING footage over the years, some I wish I had not seen. Any FTA receiver with blind scan will pick up Live Feeds.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

True What Now?

Pansat? Can someone explain please.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts