New Genie UI now in CE testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here's an example of the series recording moving channels:
I set up "Loudermilk" to record on Audience ch 239 because that is in my favorites list. I used the banner to set it up, but the banner says ch 239. Looking now, its not set to record. Upon some investigation, it is set to record on ch 71 which is also Audience. It took a while to find it in the "to do" list or something like that and I had to switch my guide to "all channels" to see ch 71 and verify it was set to record. Idiotic.

I have 3 ABC affiliates, all HD, ch 5, 9, and 22. All are Directv-provided (as in not via the AM21, although I do get 22-1 also). After tonight's download, I am going to set up a recording on ch 22 for the Good Doctor and see what happens. I did a search for it and the "all seasons" showed up first. Because of the way it flashes the latest episode info in that blue popup, I can see what's going to happen in two weeks (10-23) first so I know what's going to happen in episode 5 of a series that has only aired 3 episodes. I would post a pic but I don't want to spoil. The default channel is 396 ABCeHD, which is not a good sign.
ejb,
I just happened to look thru my Series Links and looked at the Good Doctor spot and your right, it says in the Series Link that it records "All Channels", however, when I go to the actual Recordings, I have 3 currently as I haven't started watching ti yet, it shows recordings on my Local Channel Only . Which is exactly the way I wanted it to when I set it up.

ejb,
I just happened to look thru my Series Links and looked at the Good Doctor spot and your right, it says in the Series Link that it records "All Channels", however, when I go to the actual Recordings, I have 3 currently as I haven't started watching ti yet, it shows recordings on my Local Channel Only . Which is exactly the way I wanted it to when I set it up.

Looks like you get one more week to watch it! As long as it is on first run, I would think it will record from the local channel. What will get annoying is if it gets popular, gets a few seasons under its belt, they miss a few S/E info and your receiver records those episodes from whatever cable channels air the Good Doctor every time it airs!

Well no new CE tonight I guess. Learned that the hard way, I'm back on the NR 0XD80. I thought if you went back to the National Release, you kept everything in your Series Manager, except for shows added while participating in the CE testing. Guess not, my Series Manager is completely empty. Not a big deal though.

Did you check first at iamanedgecutter.com before attempting to d/l? They are the ones that run the CE program.

Reactions: I WANT MORE
They cancelled it last minute. Edgecutter is 100% DBSTalk 2! But not going there is just kinda irresponsible if you're gonna do CE...

If you knew and understood who has started and ran what at all the forums, you’d know that dbstalk is not at all dbstalk2. If it was, it never would needed to have been created in the first place.

And if you noticed, no ce was ever actually announced at all. Which was specifically said as well. Just that if there was one you’d likely lose stuff, and if not now, sometime down the road.

If you knew and understood who has started and ran what at all the forums, you’d know that dbstalk is not at all dbstalk2. If it was, it never would needed to have been created in the first place.

And if you noticed, no ce was ever actually announced at all. Which was specifically said as well. Just that if there was one you’d likely lose stuff, and if not now, sometime down the road.

I don't need to know all that to clearly see that the CE forum is DBS2. It's the same people. Same dumb rules. Same DBS set up of 35 forums where you only need two. It even says on the site that some of it comes from DBStalk so...

And I am well aware of the lack of announcements. I already said that. And I asked that in the CE forum last night why there was no actual announcement just the warning about recordings lost.

I don't need to know all that to clearly see that the CE forum is DBS2. It's the same people. Same dumb rules. Same DBS set up of 35 forums where you only need two. It even says on the site that some of it comes from DBStalk so...

And I am well aware of the lack of announcements. I already said that. And I asked that in the CE forum last night why there was no actual announcement just the warning about recordings lost.
You might want to do some checking before saying that.

You might want to do some checking before saying that.

You're right, I don't know the human faces behind it all. But if there was input from anyone from this site, it was apparently ignored. From a complete outsider, it feels DBSy, especially since it says that some of it comes from there. I know there are a couple people from here are over there too. You didn't have to join this and click here and scroll here and jump through hoops when it was here. It's really not worth arguing about. It's not going to change and at least we still have something. Although right now I am kinda let down as I fear I am stuck with this broken-ass guide that keeps deteriorating as the week progresses. I have no on-demand, no posters, terrible interface resolution, screwed up icons, and no logos and really wanted that to get fixed last night.

You're right, I don't know the human faces behind it all. But if there was input from anyone from this site, it was apparently ignored. From a complete outsider, it feels DBSy, especially since it says that some of it comes from there. I know there are a couple people from here are over there too. You didn't have to join this and click here and scroll here and jump through hoops when it was here. It's really not worth arguing about. It's not going to change and at least we still have something. Although right now I am kinda let down as I fear I am stuck with this broken-ass guide that keeps deteriorating as the week progresses. I have no on-demand, no posters, terrible interface resolution, screwed up icons, and no logos and really wanted that to get fixed last night.
That's the nature of beta testing. You knew that going in didn't you?

That's on you.

Doesn't really matter, it's only TV.

This nothing remotely serious like those on that other site make it out to be. So I lost all of my scheduled recording on a DVR for my secondary TV service, big deal. I'll take 5 minutes schedule back what I can and move on with my life.

That's the nature of beta testing. You knew that going in didn't you?

Yes, of course. I have just been lucky for the most part and haven't had issues with CE downloads like I am now and like they are forecasting with the loss of recordings.

They cancelled it last minute, FE4 never made it into the stream. Edgecutter is 100% DBSTalk 2.
After reading, I had no intention of downloading last night, or tonight if its the same one tonight ... when I left, there were people saying that they were going to d/l anyways, I haven't been over there today as of yet.

I don't recall which recvrs your using, but it your having issues and go back to the NR, wouldn't that work ?

Or are those that do go back, losing stuff as well ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)