New HD Setup???

cipris

Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
I currently have 3 TV's
#1 is a 55" Toshiba non-HD rear projection in TV Room
#2 is HD ready Sony in family room
#3 upstairs is HD ready Samsung LCD in bedroom

I want to switch to HD setup and want to know if my following plan is the correct way to go.

I want to get a 622 HD DVR to feed #1 even though it is not an HD TV. I plan to replace #1 with HDTV within the year.

I want a 211 for #3 upstairs to receive HD programming.

If I attach the 622 to the standard def #1 TV using s-video or RCA composite will I still be able to get a decent picture on this TV as I do now with the 501 DVR that is attached to #1 right now.

I want to switch over to HD so I receive HD on set # 2,3 right now and will switch TV #1 to a large HD TV later this year.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I guess my main concern is whether it is possible to use the 622 connected to the non HD TV at present time. I realize that theproper thing to do would be to replace the TV #1 now with HD set, but I want to wait till later this year to do this. I want to get a large screen TV and do not want to spend those bucks till later this year.The TV that I use for most of my viewing is TV #1.

Thanx for any help.

Steve :confused:

If you want HD on all sets you will need 3 HD receivers. The 622 will output one TV to HD and the other in SD. The hook-up for the SD TV will be through a coax. You will need the 622 to be near TV #2 to connect for HD and a coax will run from that box to your TV #1 for SD.

You can do what you want I have a 942 (very similar to 622) connected to a SD set, after i had my 622 installed for my HDTV.
Works great as the image on the SD tv for HD channels is really clear. Only thing i found was i needed to make sure the HD output was 480i and size was 4x3 #2 ..

New Service with SuperDish

Do you still get $10.00 each HD package?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)