New Hopper Install today (9/12/13)

dlharm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 5, 2009
So. Central Nebraska
Just wanted to let all know I had my HWS and joey install today. These were purchased outright from dishdepot. Upgraded from a vip722. I had a local company install them and all went well--except for one glitch--system would not pick up sat 110-tech did a couple of things--went out to the dish itself and came back in a said he thought maybe the DP34 switch was not allowing the system to see 110--he suggested using a DPPlus (twin lnb) for 110 and 119 and leave the one pointing to 129 as is-and eliminate the DP34.
I should say I have a Dish 1000--with slots for three individual lnbs--told him to try it and that did the trick, as all three sats came in then on the check switch--after that it was getting the software downloaded and setting up hopper and joey and all seems to be okay now.
I have not had time to play around with it much--as I needed to work awhile and will mess with it tonight.
Took less than two hours total to get the system up and running.
Pleased so far--but I need to do more setups and learn as I go on the hopper.:)

The 129 LNB can be connected to the LNB IN on the DPP Twin for a single Hopper. This setup won't support two Hoppers without a DPP44. The 1000.2/1000.4 will support up to two Hoppers, more with DPP44 + another DPP44 or a DPP33.

DP34 is not supported by Hopper. Only DPP equipment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)