new house setup - tons of questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dbean

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
USA
i've had dish net. for years and know the entire system in/out, but am switching to dtv for sunday ticket.

We are building a new house and I'm running hdmi over cat6 to several locations in each room. All the cat6 runs will terminate in a server room.

I'd like to put all the direcTV receivers in the server room, then hook them to the TV's via hdmi over cat6...this shouldn't be a problem, but what about the remote? Dish net has great UHF remotes, but what about DirecTV?

Dish net. gives you an antenna that attaches to a coax port on the back of the receiver. Because I'm also running coax to all rooms from the server room, I was going to put the remote antenna in the same room as the TV, but is this possible with direcTV...running the RF antenna through coax?

thanks!

i've had dish net. for years and know the entire system in/out, but am switching to dtv for sunday ticket.

We are building a new house and I'm running hdmi over cat6 to several locations in each room. All the cat6 runs will terminate in a server room.

I'd like to put all the direcTV receivers in the server room, then hook them to the TV's via hdmi over cat6...this shouldn't be a problem, but what about the remote? Dish net has great UHF remotes, but what about DirecTV?

Dish net. gives you an antenna that attaches to a coax port on the back of the receiver. Because I'm also running coax to all rooms from the server room, I was going to put the remote antenna in the same room as the TV, but is this possible with direcTV...running the RF antenna through coax?

thanks!

Directv receivers have a built in RF antenna so you just need to get some RF remotes through directv. Works great, I have a receiver in my basement that I access in a 2nd floor bedroom

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)