New Kid !

PraireFire

Original poster
Jan 21, 2007
Hi Guys,
2 weeks ago I purchased a S C 207 in Canada and had my daughter get it activated through her S C service. I have since returned to the U.S and purchased a 30" dish & single linear lnbf. Ive tried lining up the dish to the proper co-ordinates and my signal meter is reading that there is something out there. But my reciever just shows acquiring sat signal please wait. Is there an open or certian channel I should be tuned on f1? Am I missing something?Any other suggestions?
Thanks PraireFire
Loveland, Co

No, but my daughter is down here nearly 6 mos of the year for winter vac. So I thought I could set her up.

sounds like receiver got deactivated, you daughter should be able to reactivate it, provided she pays the 50 fee for having it in a second home.

Channel 299 works even when the receiver is not activated.
Have you got the right type of linear LNB ? I use a Pansat PT5600, R.F. - 11.70 - 12.20 Ghz, L.O. 10.750 Ghz.
If you can't get anything on Channel 299 you either have the wrong LNB or not pointed at the right satellite.

If you can't get anything on Channel 299 you either have the wrong LNB or not pointed at the right satellite.

I also have Pansat PT5600, pointed at Anik F2 only. With this set-up, I do not receive 299. I believe you have to be aimed at F1R to do your activation if you are using a single LNB. Once activated, the dish can be repointed at F2 if that's what you want to do.

Channel 299 will not work unless the receiver is activated and has current authorization. Try channel 354, which should work on any receiver that has been properly mapped.