New Member, Looking for 3D information, also here to lobby for dish network to get more 3d content

Do the passive glasses work as well as the active glasses?

I was also an early adopter for hd. I keep trying to remind myself to be patient with the content. It was just as frustrating then waiting to see when more would become available. There was a time when hearing about Voom got me just as stirred up as 3Dnet. The lack of solid info from dish still bugs me though.

Do the passive glasses work as well as the active glasses?

I was also an early adopter for hd. I keep trying to remind myself to be patient with the content. It was just as frustrating then waiting to see when more would become available. There was a time when hearing about Voom got me just as stirred up as 3Dnet. The lack of solid info from dish still bugs me though.

You sound like me--an early adopter. Had a HD capable set before much of anything was available in HD. Now I've had a 73" Mits for over 2 years and really enjoy 3D! I own about 10 3D movies but they're expensive. I see the 3D available from other providers (especially D*) and don't know how much longer I can wait for Dish to get off the pot!:rolleyes:
BTW, I recently got a 2011 Panny 3D Bluray player (BDT-210) and it can convert 2D to 3D. Unfortunately, I'm less than satisfied with the conversion.:( Great player though and Avatar 3D is free by mail with purchase.:D

Ed

Thanks for the link on the glasses!

I am definitely interested in the panasonic player. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the heads up on it.

I have about a dozen 3d movies and a handful of ps3 games but don't have avatar. Stinks that the conversion is not that impressive.

I got a great deal on a 60" Mitsubishi and got the 3d kit for free. I did not think my family would use the 3d much at all. After my 4 year old saw her first cartoon on it and jumped all around the living room trying to touch and catch what ever appeared to be flying out of the tv we have all been hooked.

i have a mitsubishi tv, i think they are awesome tv's 3D is not to die for, but it does add a new level of watching tv. kind of like DVR, you can live with out it, but it is nice to have. Dish needs to just give us 1 channel and loop programs on it. Then get ESPN 3d and all that good stuff. Its like they started to go 3D then they quit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)