GEOSATpro New MicroHD not responding to the remote

Ok, so you see the flashes from the remote, that means the remote is working. Good. Now, the receiver boots to the start menu, that's also good, as it means the receiver isn't DOA.

So, what happens when you point the remote at the receiver and hit buttons? The remote window is on the front right side, between the lights and the "dvb" logo. Put the remote right up there and try anything.

All firmwares boot to 480i. How is it hooked to your tv? HDMI or other?

So, what happens when you point the remote at the receiver and hit buttons? The remote window is on the front right side, between the lights and the "dvb" logo. Put the remote right up there and try anything.
No affect whatsoever. Only the power light on the remote flashes. Nothing flashes or moves on the unit.

How is it hooked to your tv? HDMI or other?
I moved the unit to another room and tried without a TV and then brought a small TV in and used its hdmi. Previously I tried with both the HDMI and the AV input on the large TV.

If the factory firmware boots on 480i, then I did not received someone else’s returned merchandise by error.

Angel Electronics in Ontario. I thought I would go with someone on the same side of the border as me to eliminate the currency and customs risks. I am already in contact with them.

It could be as simple as the IR sensor is positioned below the lens. If the STB was purchased directly from Satellite AV, you will not void your warranty if you open the case lid and see if the IR sensor is not in correct position. The sensor is easily moved up/down/left/right.

Also might try testing the remote with the case lid removed.

Edit: we posted at same time.

Let your vendor know that we will allow you to open the case to check the IR position without voiding the warranty.

Last edited:
It could be as simple as the IR sensor is positioned below the lens.
I already opened the cover and everything looked fine under the hood.

Also might try testing the remote with the case lid removed.
Hmmm not a bad idea I thought...so I tried it. No change at first. Then all of a sudden, the slow flash on the remote's power button suddenly switch to quick flashes. Holy Chit its working! I then put the cover back on and plugged her back into the big screen and she was good to go! Without a firmware upgrade or diseqc setup, I hit blind scan. It tuned in AMC21. So far it is processing the highbit rate HD channels there just fine.

Thanks for the suggestion. Not sure if it was because the hood was off or if something was sticking with the remote... but I am a happy camper now.

Last edited:
This morning I had slow flash on the power button of the remote again for the first few tries. It then went to quick flash and turned the unit "on". I am now suspecting the remote is somehow jamming and not getting the correct signal out to correctly communicate with the unit.

Agree with your suggestion of defective remote. if this is issue cannot be corrected with a different set of batteries, PM your contact and shipping info. We will send a warranty remote replacement.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts