new pilots listed on my 622

cummingsje

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 10, 2007
I just tried to watch Chuck on my 622, and when I hit 'play' it told me that I couldn't watch a show that was in the process of being transferred to a USB device. I don't have a USB hard drive hooked up (yet), so I don't understand the error. Did anybody else get this?

I've been trying to watch both pilots since yesterday and still get the error message. Anyone know why this would be?

cummingsje

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 10, 2007
I called E* support and the tech. wanted to swap out my 622. I tried explaining that it wasn't a problem with my DVR recordings. It was almost like he didn't understand what the "tv entertainment" section of the DVR menu was. Maybe I'll try back tomorrow if those two shows still aren't working.

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
I have 2 622 receivers with an external hard drive enabled on one 622. Both 622 receivers show both pilot programs. However, the 622 with the external hard drive gives me the message about the USB transfer and will not allow me to view the programs. I called technical support on Monday and they told me to wait 1 day because it might still be downloading. Last night I called back. I mentioned that others were having the same problem. They took all of my information and submitted an incident report to engineering. The person I talked to (3rd level support) felt that this was related to the external hard drive support and would probably require a software patch.

cummingsje

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 10, 2007
I spoke with a slightly more knowledgeable tech this a.m. He said he would forward a report to engineering. He made it sound like it was a bug and would possibly be fixed in a future software release.

Gorbash

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 13, 2007
Fayetteville, Texas
Chuck just showed up after the Steve Irwin memorial and the hidden Yellowstone Vanished.

I've seen Chuck via bit torrent. Good show, got some hurdles, and the premise is kind of a one trick pony. Hopefully it doesn't clash with anything else so I'll easily catch it.

bacchus101

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 10, 2006
Chuck just showed up after the Steve Irwin memorial and the hidden Yellowstone Vanished.

I've seen Chuck via bit torrent. Good show, got some hurdles, and the premise is kind of a one trick pony. Hopefully it doesn't clash with anything else so I'll easily catch it.

"Chuck" just showed up on my 625 and is the only thing there. I launched it and it is playing fine.

cummingsje

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 10, 2007
Just as an afterthought I tried hitting "play" instead of "enter" on the remote. It worked for both programs.

cummingsje

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 10, 2007
Thanks for the tip - this worked for me too....now I just hope that they don't delete the shows before I get a chance to watch them tonight.

No problem! I thought Journeyman was well done, although I'm into most things sci-fi. I haven't watched the other yet. Hopefully it'll still be there tonight. This is the first time I've ever watched anything under the "t.v. entertainment". Maybe they'll put some more compelling material there!

Need

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 20, 2004
Blockbusters also have free DVD on the NBC pilots. I think I will wait for the HD version later this month.

JEFFinINDY

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 31, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
I didn't really care for Chuck.

It would have been a funny 2 hour movie, but I can't see it being a weekly series.

Chuck will infuriate anyone who has even a little bit of knowledge about computers and technology. It's sunk far below the bar set by '24' and its magical computers and cell phones, or the "It's a UNIX system! I know this!!" of Jurassic Park.

It's nice to have these shows available early though... I now know that I won't have to bother scheduling Chuck during the busy season premier week!

I haven't watched Journeyman yet, but I hope it will be better...

Jeff

cummingsje

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 10, 2007
Blockbusters also have free DVD on the NBC pilots. I think I will wait for the HD version later this month.

I myself can't wait for the new "HD Season"! However, I did think that the PQ of the SD version of the Journeyman pilot was quite good.

aperry

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 26, 2003
Journeyman never showed up on my list, but Chuck did and I watched it this past weekend. Not HD, but it did look good!

Hawk88

Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 19, 2007
USA
Came home tonight and Journeyman and Chuck are gone. Bionic Woman and Life are on there now. Btw, on one of my 622's I got that usb error for Chuck, the other was fine and I have not hooked a usb device to either, nor activated the hdd storage. Both Bionic Woman and Life play fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)