New PTAT Problem

David M

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 17, 2003
Springfield, OR
Here's a new PTAT issue that I have not seen in the forums, my hopper created a folder in the PTAT section that has shows from TBS in it. So now when I go to view the PTAT screen I have the 4 networks and TBS showing (see image). This shows in the folder are from 5-8, 5-9 and 5-10. Now this doesn't sound like it should be much of an issue however these shows do not auto delete and since they are in the PTAT section there is no delete button. I have had several conversations on how to remove these with Dish Advanced tech support, however they seem to be baffled by this and are always going to get back to me, to this date I have had no one get back to me on this. I am posting this in the open forums in hopes that someone may have seen this before and have a solution to it.

Eugene-Springfield-20120522-00051.jpg

PTAT records the entire transponder. So, I wonder if your locals happened to share the transponder with TBS on those days?

Are you able to use AutoHop on the the shows recorded from TBS?

No, autohop does not work for these. There are only 3 days worth of shows in here and they are all big bang theory. Its almost like it created a folder here when I told it to save series.

Did any of the shows in the TBS folder record during PTAT hours?

Do those TBS shows come up in your regular user section of recorded channels?

Did any of the shows in the TBS folder record during PTAT hours?

Do those TBS shows come up in your regular user section of recorded channels?

NO the shows were recorded at other times. I can save the shows to the dvr section and they will show up there however when I delete them they are never removed from the PTAT folder. When sorting to show by title in the PTAT folder, the PTAT recordings of the same show do combine into one folder and they do delete after 8 days, but the tbs recorded shows never delete.

I had an episode of CSI Miami recorded on a regular timer (to get the extra 30 minutes) that turned up in my PTAT page and stayed around for about three weeks. I was unable to delete it, but after about 3 weeks it disappeared with one of the software updates. There probably is a code bug causing it to happen.

No quick answers for sure. Will be interesting to see what eventually happens.

I am hoping that a future upgrade will fix this, of course the simple solution would be to let us delete shows that are in the PTAT folder.

I am hoping that a future upgrade will fix this, of course the simple solution would be to let us delete shows that are in the PTAT folder.

I haven't upgraded to the hopper yet, but I would think that allowing deletes from PTAT might cause more problems. The extra space that would be gained by deleting isn't ours anyway, so I would prefer the ability to hide shows, with the ability to un-hide them if we change our mind.

I haven't upgraded to the hopper yet, but I would think that allowing deletes from PTAT might cause more problems. The extra space that would be gained by deleting isn't ours anyway, so I would prefer the ability to hide shows, with the ability to un-hide them if we change our mind.

I love my Hopper and this is only a minor problem that I am sure will be resolved in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)