New Shows Coming to Me-TV - Fall 2015

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TheBUDGuy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 17, 2015
Lexington, KY
It's that time of the year when Me-TV changes the Fall schedule to make room for new shows and remove a few others. From what I've seen, there's only 2 ‘new’ shows coming to Me-TV this year. Those two shows are Matlock and Have Gun - Will Travel. Any thoughts? And what shows would you like to see on Me-TV? For me, The Millionaire and Our Miss Brooks are two good examples.

Our Miss Brooksmight be more of a candidate for RetkTV.

I wish they would add the Munsters. I haven't seen it air since my local ABC affiliate aired it Sunday mornings after the news shows ended at 11:AM several years ago. Replaced by infomercials.
On the topic of infomercials, (this is off-topic) but do you remember when TV stations used to sign off? By that, I meant they aired a customized sign off usually containing the national anthem? Then after that, some would air static or color bars? Those were the days! Nowadays, they all air infomercials when they “sign-off”.

I think one of our local PBS stations signs off at 2AM not 100% sure though. The rest are info stuff. I'd love to see someone add the Munsters too

I'd really like to see someone carry Man From U.N.C.L.E. That is my favorite old spy series other than Avengers.

I think it's NBC owned though, so COZI might be a more likely destination for it than MeTV. (I don't get MeTV anyway since I only have Ku Band at the moment and there's no OTA MeTV in range of me.)

I'd really like to see someone carry Man From U.N.C.L.E. That is my favorite old spy series other than Avengers.

Man from UNCLE is on both MeTV and Heros and Icons, Both are on 101W C band.
Time to find a BUD!

I wish they would add the Munsters. I haven't seen it air since my local ABC affiliate aired it Sunday mornings after the news shows ended at 11:AM several years ago. Replaced by infomercials.

the Minneapolis ABC (and the Independent they own too) will show on late Saturday/Early Sunday either Munsters or Addams Family. Ironically they will show them opposite each other.

Reactions: fred555
On the topic of infomercials, (this is off-topic) but do you remember when TV stations used to sign off? By that, I meant they aired a customized sign off usually containing the national anthem? Then after that, some would air static or color bars? Those were the days! Nowadays, they all air infomercials when they “sign-off”.

yup. There is still a couple that do.
KEYC Mankato, MN (CBS main/FOX sub) signs off each night. They give their info (calls sign, power, location) and then the anthem then they shut down the transmitter. Cable and satellite then gets a infomercial JIP'd (on CBS...Never had access to what Fox showed)

Until this year the FOX in Duluth shut down every night. Now they have "all night weather authority" which is a 1:30 loop of temps and forecasts

Addams Family comes on our Local MyTV affiliate. One episode, once a week, on Sunday ay 1:00PM.

Reactions: Mr Tony
the Minneapolis ABC (and the Independent they own too) will show on late Saturday/Early Sunday either Munsters or Addams Family. Ironically they will show them opposite each other.

Looks like both this weekend

IMG_20150801_095546_306.jpg IMG_20150801_095603_247.jpg

Reactions: fred555

The CW and My affiliates in Birmingham (both owned by Sinclair), WTTO and WABM, still sign off every Sunday night from midnight till 5:00 or 6:00

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts