raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
Does the new slim line at-9 dish use the same mast foot as the old 100 ton at-9 dish???

I don't understand why the AT9 is considered to be so HUGE and so HEAVY by so many. It's not that big! It's maybe 25% or so bigger than the Phase 3 and about 35lbs.

dodge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 1, 2004
Plano, Illinois, United States
at 9

I don't understand why the AT9 is considered to be so HUGE and so HEAVY by so many. It's not that big! It's maybe 25% or so bigger than the Phase 3 and about 35lbs.

Have you ever carried one of those big pieces of sh#t up a ladder to a second story roof???? I have, The triple dish I can throw on my shoulder and go up a ladder no prob... THe at-9 you need to hoist up to the roof with a rope.

grydlok

Vuvuzela Horns
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Richmond,VA
Have you ever carried one of those big pieces of sh#t up a ladder to a second story roof???? I have, The triple dish I can throw on my shoulder and go up a ladder no prob... THe at-9 you need to hoist up to the roof with a rope.

Why bother with a response, but I understand where you are coming from.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
My installer put the base and everything together except the actual dish first, kinda a two part thing, he said it way easier that way.
No it is not located on a 2nd story, just so ya know.
I actually set it up so it could be mounted from the roof (flat), so I can get to it, incase the snow gets too heavy, it usually does that a few times a year, mainly the real wet stuff will build up and knock the signal out, of course I have not been thru a winter yet with this dish.

Jimbo

Harmony Home Technologies

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jul 9, 2006
Not to nitpick, but isn't the slimline an AU-9? Anyway, I always kinda thought guys with Dewalts strapped to their ass call it a Ka/Ku, and the guys with a Lazyboy strapped to their ass call it AT-whatever.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Not to nitpick, but isn't the slimline an AU-9? Anyway, I always kinda thought guys with Dewalts strapped to their ass call it a Ka/Ku, and the guys with a Lazyboy strapped to their ass call it AT-whatever.

They are slightly different designs. the slimline is a bit shorter and a bit wider than the AT-9 and has a different configuration for the LNB's slimeline is a molded LNB set up, at-9 is a 2 piece LNB set up.

The Slimeline is slightly lighter, 5lbs I think I heard.
At-9 is more like a square, slimline is more like a rectangle.

btw, always take the DeWalt and the LaZyboy !!!

Jimbo

Dish Jockey

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 6, 2005
Oh, like a Superdish 500 is any smaller or multiple dishes for E* is better way to go...
Rick

Commdeck

Nov 7, 2006
Owner

Not all Slimline "feet" and masts are the same. Probrand International is manufacturing a foot that has a different hole pattern than other Slimline manufacturers. They are the only company that I am aware of that has a different foot and mast.

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
Not all Slimline "feet" and masts are the same. Probrand International is manufacturing a foot that has a different hole pattern than other Slimline manufacturers. They are the only company that I am aware of that has a different foot and mast.

Is it 2" like the other ones?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)