New Software Updates Discussion Thread

not sure charlesrshell, just a passing thought as to why it's there in the menu because it doesn't work with my remotes on the 622 - i just figured it was for the new remotes that haven't yet became available to my knowledge - what else could it be for - any ideas

not sure charlesrshell, just a passing thought as to why it's there in the menu because it doesn't work with my remotes on the 622 - i just figured it was for the new remotes that haven't yet became available to my knowledge - what else could it be for - any ideas

No clue, you are probably correct. I wish Dish would put out detailed info when they do the software upgrades, along with instructions.

I remember back in the displayer (a.k.a. 7100,7200) days when the software updates did just that - i just wish all the other receivers since then continued on with that feature also - so we could tell what changes were made without having to go through all the normal routines that we do even though it's fun to find something you didn't know was there (sometimes) but not always

I tried to do the setup using the new menu and it said my remote doesn't support that feature . So this must be for the new two way remotes and the 722k.

That's the way I've always done it since i received my 622 - thought this was common practice and a lot faster then going through the menus
I'd have thought that 99% of users used the "DVR" button. Hell, there was an uproar when you had to press it twice instead of once !! I do use the DVR button (I read the manual that came with the receiver too).

Ota?

Got 511 over night and looking at my local PBS OTA HD. I've had problems w/ pixelization off and on in the past. Not seeing that problem right now. Have they improved the multipath rejection?

I'd have thought that 99% of users used the "DVR" button. Hell, there was an uproar when you had to press it twice instead of once !! I do use the DVR button (I read the manual that came with the receiver too).

FYI, if you press the DVR button three times, you get the Daily Schedule of recording timers.

And, it will cycle through the three choices, i.e. four presses is same as one press, etc.

Apparently few of us are having lip sync issues. Hoped that this would be addressed with the latest SW. Using component to either audio receiver/amp or direct to tv and DD to receiver/amp, there still is sync issues. Especially Disney HD, Universal HD, HD NET, and sometimes on MGM HD. I realize the audio level differences between DD and composit. This seems to be a DD engineering design vs surround stereo. What say, guys?

The sync issues haven't been too bad for me, although SNY HD has been susceptible to it at times...... Only a problem for the folks in NYC......

On the complaint front, I wish they left the USB Drive folder off of the list (or at least let us toggle it on and off). I store a bunch of R Rated movies and the like there to keep the kids from stumbling onto it. I fixed it by disabling the folders, but now I have to scroll through a ton of recordings whenever I want to watch something....

I haven't noticed any issues with HD locals yet, but as everything is in reruns I haven't watched that much network programming lately....

That's the 2nd person who's been using a convoluted method to access "My Recordings"...

I don't have "DVR" mapped to one of the buttons on my Harmony 880. I can get to it if I scroll thru about 3 screens after pressing the device button and the PVR button. I do have the Menu button on the device, though, so 9 then 1 works for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)