New to Satellite...What do I need?

fuzzy logic

Oct 30, 2007
Springfield, MO
I am brand new to satellite, been on local antenna for years. I know, way behind the times. I bought a couple of Dish 301 receivers and my friend gave me a used Dish500 dish with a dual LMB that says it has a 110' & a 119' eye. I was stumped as to whether I needed to get a different LMB on it for it to see the 61.5' satellite and which satellite to point it to. My goal was to get it set up and then subscribe to SkyAngel, but as I now understand, thanks to this satellitguys forum that they are going IP only soon.

Is Glorystar the only other viable option for quality Christian programming? Does it have JLTV.TV? I am a Messianic Believer (Jesus is the Messiah and I believe the whole Bible is for us all today, Old Testament as well as New Testament) and am very interested in Messianic programming. Is there anything like that on Glorystar or any other free to low cost ($20/mo or less) programming?

Fortunately, I only have $15 tied up in my equipment that will probably go unused now.

Attachments

• dish500_twin.jpg
    dish500_twin.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 222
  • Israeli_flag.gif
    Israeli_flag.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Welcome!

There are some Messianic programs on several of the channels available with the Glorystar system, but there is no 24/7 channel available to my knowledge. We have been speaking with several channels that could offer Messianic programming, but no channel has yet made the jump across to broadcast in North America.

JLTV.TV is on G10R C-band, so you would need a 7 -10' dish and C-band LNBF with a MPEG2 FTA receiver (like the Glorystar receiver) to view this channel. Looking at the channel's content, it does not appear to be a channel that would be added to the Glorystar package.

The equipment that you have is proprietary to Dish Network and would not be very useful for receiving Free to Air programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts