New Tony Hawk game features large cross-branding effort with Sirius

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
Activision's latest video game featuring skateboarding legend Tony Hawk, "Tony's Hawk's American Wasteland," features a large in-game product placement featuring Sirius Satellite Radio.

The satellite radio provider (NASDAQ: SIRI) hosts Hawk's "Tony Hawk Demolition Radio" show.

In-game placement includes a song-identification feature that displays the current music track the player is listening to via a rendering of a Sirius receiver. The Sirius logo is also seen on billboards and buildings within the game, and Hawk's voice itself on the game prompting players to tune into the show.

Sirius will also be promoting the game on its radio channels and Web site.

The radio show features Tony's personal slant on the action sports lifestyle, his favorite music, and conversations with special guests and listeners. It can be found on Sirius' Faction Radio channel 28.

"It gives me the unique opportunity to merge my worlds of gaming, skating and my Demolition Radio show into our best game yet," Hawk said in a statement.

"Tony's Hawk's American Wasteland" is a produced by Santa Monica's Activision Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI)

http://www.bizjournals.com/industries/high_tech/cable_tv_radio/2005/10/17/losangeles_daily16.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)