New TSreader version 2,8 build 46c

Status
Please reply by conversation.

starman345

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2004
New Brunswick, Canada
New build on the support site, I would like to add, anyone trying to get Usals to work with Tsreader...I have had no luck with my Twinhan 1020a, however I discovered a few days ago it works perfectly with my Genpix Skywalker I.

Version 2.8, build 46c:

* Pro: Audio title thumbnail function now correctly follows the "Ignore table CRC errors" option.
* Pro: If audio title data contains a CRC error, a thumbnail with this fact is now created.
* All: If the fast PMT parser is disabled (which is always the case in TSReader Lite), adaptation fields in the PSI data now are handled correctly.
* Std/Pro: Corrected an issue with program selection with the -a and -A switches.
* Std/Pro: Option to add the -q option to the command-lines created by the EPG Grid's recording scheduler. This runs TSReader in quiet mode and won't get stuck when the source module is unable to lock the signal.
* Pro: Added an option to allow XDS data to be decoded by the caption decoder on the odd field. Technically all XDS should be on the even field, but some systems like SCTE-20 sometimes use the odd field.
* All: Added support (Settings menu) for the QPSK-R mode used on some Spanish satellite signals.
* Pro: Added support for output on Dektec DTA-145.
* All: Fixed an issue with charting the signal on some Hauppauge interfaces.
* All: The CC indicator on the video thumbnails is now correctly shown on non-ATSC closed-caption systems.
* Std/Pro: Fixed a problem with the EPG grid's cell elements size was being reset each time TSReader ran.
* All: Updated all of the Hauppauge source modules and made the number of source modules much less complicated. If you use a Hauppauge interface, there's a good possibility that TSReader will remove the obsolete source module and therefore you'll have to select a new module. If in doubt which module to select, there's a file called HCW_SupportedProducts.txt in the TSReader/Sources folder that has a full list of hardware supported.

I finally purchased TS Reader yesterday morning. This (2.8.46c) is the one I downloaded. I've been having a time with it. I obviously don't know what I'm doing. I spent about 3 hours yesterday reading the TS Reader "Read Me" and I'm still lost. I was and still am, wanting to use this with the TT S2 3200 PCI card. I have yet to get it to recognize it? I have a Twinhan 102g PCI card and it recognized it allright. I read and reread the thread (found in Free To Air PC Discussion) that explains the "How To" of getting the whatever 219 download to get it to recognize the TT S2 3200, but have yet to accomplish it. I know it's something I'm doing or not doing. This is exactly why I favor STB's. After more than an hour of trying to get that driver modification installed, I had to take a break from it. I started playing with the TS Reader through the Twinhan 102g and can't get a moving live picture. All I get is a still shot, like a capture, while the PID info seems to be runing. I've found the VLC in the "Play" (and Record) part, but can't get it to work. It tells me to look in the "Settings" for the VLC/Dialog, and I don't see it or anything like it? I'm at a total loss with this stuff, it's way over my head? While reading I found a link for downloading the VLC Player. I've done that and can't figure how to work it either?
I realize I can email Rob, but would rather not waste his time for my idiocracy, Yet?? Any suggestions that I might understand, would be greatly appreciated! Thanks...!!

Lets see if I can help:

To have the video display decode windows refresh go to: "Settings" -> "Thumbnail Thread" -> "Refresh Rate / ..." and set the refresh rate to 1 second (or how often you want it to refresh in seconds.)

To use VLC go to "Playback" -> "VLC" -> "Settings" -> set the "VLC Executable to the location the VLC.exe is located on your computer" (Even though it says VLC you can use this for MediaPlayer Classic (Another free video player that does not play 4:2:2 but it plays h.264 with the correct codecs better))

to use the s2-3200 I beleive you have to use the data driver (it shows up as a network card I think) there is a thread on here I beleive that discuses it.

mpc can play 4:2:2 with elcard codecs I beleive. I use vlc for 4:2:2 cause it supports it nativly. nice thing with how tsreader does things is it accually streams it to vlc so you can start the stream, close vlc then goto another computer and open vlc and goto file->network open and choose http, then type in

http://10.0.1.20:1234

where 10.0.1.20 is the ip of your computer running tsreader.

Thanks qwert...!!!!! Geeez.... that was easy, but it still took my lamness more than a few....
I got this warning when I OK'ed the Playback:
Warning: One or more of the VLC commands don't have the required <IP> tag. When these configurations are played, the resulting VLC session will playback only.
What does this mean, is it something I need to tend to?

Thanks updatelee, when I get more time (later today I hope) I will start back on the TT S2 3200. I've read the thread that you're mentioning and I will definately be rereading it. I'm determined to get this thing to become a breeze to me. Only time will tell...?????

It'll take some time Voomvoom, dont' get discouraged, its certainly isn't a learn it all in a few minutes program. Tsreader is a tweakers delight, I've had it for a while and I feel like I've just scratched the surface of what it can do.
Any of you people who have Usals working, there is a double arrow button next to the list of satellites in the reset source field, highlight a satellite, click the double arrow button and Usals will move the dish to that satellite, then tune your transponder. Its no longer necessary to go to the positioner console and enter the orbital location:up

starman

How do you like the USALS in tsreader 2.8 46c pro version? Is it quite accurate? I wish DVB Dream had a fully functional USALS. I am using the positioner in tsreader lite 46c to move my dish but am wondering if it's a little off as well. For ONN on H2 i get around 55% quality/signal when i move the dish in tsreader. I get a stronger signal when i would move the dish through the merc II/slaved Skywalker in DVB Dream.

I don't have the pro version just the $99 standard one. I think usals is just as accurate with Tsreader as with Mytheatre and my Coolsat 5000. I've never really checked to make sure, its kind of tough to really tell for sure because each software gives a different signal strengh reading so its hard to compare but I have bumped the dish east/west occasionally to see if I could improve the signal and it always seemed to be close.
I agree It would be nice to have native Usals with DvbDream but if you have the Skywalker you can use raw diseqc commands to move your dish anyway.

its kind of tough to really tell for sure because each software gives a different signal strengh reading so its hard to compare
True. True.

but I have bumped the dish east/west occasionally to see if I could improve the signal and it always seemed to be close.

Ah why didn't i think of this! Will give this a try now :up

I agree It would be nice to have native Usals with DvbDream but if you have the Skywalker you can use raw diseqc commands to move your dish anyway.

Yes i saw posts about raw diseqc commands. I just chose not to save anything in the motor memory and prefer raw USALS over raw diseqc.

I haven't downloaded the newest version of TS Reader yet , do You know if Rod
put in the bda driver for the TT 3200 yet, I had read somewhere he was going to do this

Al, if I can help You on the tsreader with the wdm driver deal, just send me a pm
or email

Yes i saw posts about raw diseqc commands. I just chose not to save anything in the motor memory and prefer raw USALS over raw diseqc.

We are saying the same thing, both use diseqc commands, diseqc1.2 (gotoN) diseqc1.3(usals) goto X. I don't store locations in motors either, sooner or later it needs to be re-set, then you have to start all over searching for satellites:(

I haven't downloaded the newest version of TS Reader yet , do You know if Rod
put in the bda driver for the TT 3200 yet, I had read somewhere he was going to do this

Al, if I can help You on the tsreader with the wdm driver deal, just send me a pm
or email

I don't see anything in the sources module directory that looks like its for the TT 3200 but I'm not familiar with that card so I could be mistaken.
I've been pestering Rod for a source module for the DVBworld 2104 and in a reply last week he said he had just received the Technotrend BDA SDK and was working on getting that going, so, I'm assuming that might have something to do with your card?

Thanks qwert...!!!!! Geeez.... that was easy, but it still took my lamness more than a few....
I got this warning when I OK'ed the Playback:
Warning: One or more of the VLC commands don't have the required <IP> tag. When these configurations are played, the resulting VLC session will playback only.
What does this mean, is it something I need to tend to?

If you put an IP address in the configuration window, you have to leave the <IP> in there before the IP address. This happened to me too, though that may not be your problem, it was mine.

Thanks glen, I figured it out (I think?) shortly after I posted that. At any rate, I'm not sure what it meant? I have not tried any "Record", so I don't know if it meant it "will playback only"? That was 3 weeks ago and I have a hard enough time trying to remember what happened a few minutes ago? But, I think maybe I was asking if this meant when I want to Record something, I might have a problem or it won't Record, unless something is corrected? I'm not ready to Record anything, so it's sort of moot? Thanks again for trying to help my lameness...!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts