New VS 2000 Extreme

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mrweather

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2006
Toronto, Canada
I recently picked one of these up (price was right). I've done some reading and it seems the motor control on these beasts is kind of wonky. It claims to be USALS ready but comments I've read say otherwise.

So I tried it out myself and and sure enough I had issues. I entered the lat/long data correctly and the satellite list is pretty complete.

It couldn't find my TS satellite at 79 west. I cycled through the tp list and still no dice.

Is there something quirky that I'm missing here? Should I just use Diseqc 1.2 for motor control?

Other than that the receiver seems nice. One thing I noticed is compared to the Coolsat 5000 I already have, the picture quality using the component output is better on the Extreme.

It's just the motor control on the Coolsat blows the Viewsat out of the water!

The DiSEqC 1.2 will work well if you do not have USALS activated on any other satellite. You assign the satellite positions to the motor positions, I.E. 1,2,3,4 etc., so better make a list while programming so you don't over write a saved position.

Iceberg said:
The Viewsat doesn't play well with a motor (thats kinda been the consensus here on the board) :)

So true I spent a week installing a Viewsat one day :(

Bummer. :( I was hoping to play a bit more with it on the motorized 36" Fortec.

I'll go over the settings and see if I can get it working using Diseqc.

Failing that maybe I'll plug it in the fixed dish I have pointed at 119 for the free audio and Nasa TV, and keep the Coolsat on the motorized dish. :)

The Viewsat is junk for motor control, even when using 1.2. It will constantly "forget" the positions. The Viewsat works great when it's slaved to another DVB box though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)