New Weather Scan Channels - Verdict?

tedb3rd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 27, 2006
Rome, Georgia, United States
Any opinions from anybody in the markets (Phoenix, SLC, Oklahoma City, Tucson) about the new weather scan channels? I live in ATL so don't have it "yet" :D but I'm curious to know what it looks like and how useful it seems--especially compared to the existing TWC app (via ch 100) that's been around for a while. Thanks in advance for any feedback. BIG Thanks in advance for a screenshot!

If its the same Weatherscan offered by Comcast it's better than the "new" Weather Channel that doesn't report much weather anymore. Weatherscan doesn't have any commercials. I hope to see it on DISH in my area...another reason to say ta-ta to Comcast.

Well, if we are going to get snow in the summer I don't want that channel..... :D

I remember Primestar had regional intellicast channels that pretty much just showed the radar and forecasts. I really liked it.

If you want to know what is going on locally, get on your computer and go to your local NOAA...live radar and updates which beats the HELL out of any other source of weather.

Well, in Indy, I can watch the radar on NOAA...looped, that you won't get on any TV site here. I can see the direction, and pretty much predict within 30 minutes.

KAB said:
If you want to know what is going on locally, get on your computer and go to your local NOAA...live radar and updates which beats the HELL out of any other source of weather.
While I agree that the NWS is the way to go, I've been using Ohio State's site for well over a decade now, many people aren't going to want to bog down in the Innertubes to find weather forecasts that they have to:

1) Read
2) See fewer, or no cool graphics
3) Gain no sense of excitement from the danger you get from watching the local news station (We're all going to die!!!)

I like the NWS because you can read the weather commentary, which really really helps in understanding the variables in the forecasts, and read the stuff enough, you get to gain a feel as to how particular forecasts generally pan out exactly where you live.

But face it, some people want to watch their weather news. Personally, I like radar and text, but others want some guy hopped up on speed to give them their extended forecast and I respect that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts