New Wireless Joey Info!!!

WOW, my Wireless Joey scheduled delivery date is tomorrow. Do you have WAG when self-install customers be allowed to activate?
I read that as Dish CSR will not have a "ship and self install" option in their ordering system. IOW, if ordering from Dish the only way to get a wireless Joey is with a tech visit - much like a Super Joey is now.

I'd assume they will activate a retail purchased unit, just as they do with SJs.

But I may be assuming too much.

Does anyone know the Wireless Access Point Band specs? 2.4 or 5 GHz? a/b/g/n/ac?
For Wireless Joey...
Technical Specifications
Hardware
  • Wireless Standard: 802.11ac
  • Wireless Frequency: 5 GHz
  • Antennas: Internal
  • MPEG 2/4: Yes
  • Video Resolutions: 1080i, 1080p/24, 720p, 480i, 480p
  • TVs Supported: 1
Software
  • Wi-Fi Security: WPA2 Personal with AES Encryption
  • IP Addressing: DHCP, Auto-IP
Connections
  • HDMI Port: Yes
  • RCA Composite: 1 set
  • Ethernet Port: 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX
  • USB 2.0 Port: Yes
  • S/PDIF Digital Audio Outputs: Dolby Digital, PCM
  • Power: 12 VDC; Energy Star3.0-compliant
Mechanical Specifications
  • Dimensions (W x D x H): 2.60 x 7.56 x 5.51”
  • Weight: 1 lb
Remote Features
  • Universal four-component, two-way remote control operation
  • Programmable on-screen to operate a TV, Blu-ray/DVD Player, and audio receiver or VCR
  • Supports IR learning from most remote controls
  • Unique address for each remote virtually eliminates conflicts
  • Recall button navigates through the last four channels viewed
  • System Wizard feature supports remote control and receiver settings backup and restore capability
  • Locate Remote feature helps discovery of lost remote control

I read that as Dish CSR will not have a "ship and self install" option in their ordering system. IOW, if ordering from Dish the only way to get a wireless Joey is with a tech visit - much like a Super Joey is now.

I'd assume they will activate a retail purchased unit, just as they do with SJs.

OK, thanks, time will tell! Will the DIRT folks be able to activate retail purchased Wireless Joeys?

That seems odd because I just watched the Wireless Joey install video on the Dish Portal and they said when a customer is only adding a Wireless Joey it will be shipped to the customer for self-install, a tech visit will not be issued. This video was just posted Monday.

802.11AC is 5 GHz-only.

I would like to locate the Wireless Access Point right next to a signal extension router for my main router located upstairs. Do you think there will be any issues with the extension router and Wireless Access Point being located close to each other? Downstairs extension router is configured Wireless-N 5 GHz and Mixed 2.4 GHz. Upstairs main router is an AC model, configured 5 and 2.4 GHz. Wireless Access Point will be connected by Cat5 to main Hopper down stairs and the Wireless Joey will be located upstairs.

I would like to locate the Wireless Access Point right next to a signal extension router for my main router located upstairs. Do you think there will be any issues with the extension router and Wireless Access Point being located close to each other? Downstairs extension router is configured Wireless-N 5 GHz and Mixed 2.4 GHz. Upstairs main router is an AC model, configured 5 and 2.4 GHz. Wireless Access Point will be connected by Cat5 to main Hopper down stairs and the Wireless Joey will be located upstairs.

From what I understand it should not affect it.

I have two APs right next to each other that are regularly in use. As long as they aren't on overlapping channels they'll be fine. Not sure how the Joey wireless AP will be. I assume you can manually set the channel but it might be auto.

Btw Charlie, one thing to note, adding/changing receivers may lose you your $15 in monthly Hopper credits. Make sure that's unaffected before activating any new receivers. Unless you don't mind...

I've got a little over a year left on my credits, so you probably do too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I have two APs right next to each other that are regularly in use. As long as they aren't on overlapping channels they'll be fine. Not sure how the Joey wireless AP will be. I assume you can manually set the channel but it might be auto.

Btw Charlie, one thing to note, adding/changing receivers may lose you your $15 in monthly Hopper credits. Make sure that's unaffected before activating any new receivers. Unless you don't mind...

I've got a little over a year left on my credits, so you probably do too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Hell yes I would mind. My bill is high as hell already. Does anyone know for sure?

I haven't seen a receiver upgrade or swap affect credits before unless you were getting rid of the one thing you were getting credits for, such as the Hopper itself.

Pronoun Trouble...

CLARIFICATION:

Above should have said:

I read osumike's post as meaning Dish CSRs will not have a "ship and self install" option in their ordering system. IOW, if ordering from Dish the only way to get a wireless Joey is with a tech visit - much like a Super Joey is now.